First Alliance Church (Erie, PA) – Worship Pastor
The Big Picture
First Alliance Church (facerie.org) is seeking an individual for the position of Pastor/Director of Worship and Production.
FAC is a growing church in northwest Pennsylvania, with an average attendance of over 400, each weekend. FAC has a long history of Christian ministry in Erie and a rich history of excellence and quality in music, singing, and all aspects of worship. We are a multi-generational congregation and value the emphasis on balancing traditional and modern aspects of music, song, singing, and production.
We are seeking an individual who has a heart, skill set, and ability to call and draw people into worship, is humble in nature and spirit, teachable and cooperative with leaders and teams, able to work in a multi-staff setting, appreciates the value of both traditional and modern music, and wants to pastorally lead and interact with the members of the music department.
The Pastor/Director of Worship and Production should be self-motivated, and a high capacity, committed Christian leader willing to serve the church, preferably full-time, but part-time will be considered.
Accomplished in piano, keys, guitar, and voice, planning worship services, and leading teams, is a priority.
Proficient in other instruments, planning large events, use of digital media, Pro Presenter, Planning Center, and various sound board systems, is a preference.
At FAC we see worship as more than just singing. It is our full response to who God is and what He has done and is doing. In addition to singing, worship must integrate prayer, the preaching of God’s Word, observation of ordinances and giving of tithes and offerings. Therefore, a close working relationship and weekly consultation with the Lead Pastor, and other speakers as assigned, is the expectation, in a way that is consistent with the mission, values, philosophy and theology of FAC.
This position focuses on the music aspect of worship while aligning with all other aspects of Holy Spirit filled worship. This position must incorporate into worship, music that is theologically accurate, singable with language which speaks to a wide age range of worship participants.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, lead and provide vision to the music ministry, including the audio/video team in alignment with the overall vision2 and philosophy of FAC.
- Lead the congregation in Spirit filled and effective corporate worship during Sunday services and other special services.
- Recruit, disciple, mentor, and develop volunteer team members for all areas of worship and production.
- Oversee special congregational music and/or worship events, such as praise and prayer events, Christmas Eve services and Good Friday services, etc.
- Work closely with the appropriate teams to develop stage designs for services. Work closely with the appropriate teams to develop creative endeavors in which convey the vision of FAC.
- Provide oversight in lightning, sound, presentation software, digital media, livestream and digital presentations, video editing, etc.
- Regularly meet with Lead Pastor to develop and plan Sunday morning services.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively, along with others, on the FAC Ministry Leadership Team.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare and submit for approval the annual budget for the worship and production ministries and continue throughout the fiscal year to monitor and work within the approved budget.
- Will interact with and lead team members with a pastoral and shepherding heart, and in action.
- Accepts and fully supports for themself and others you lead, the Statements of Faith of FAC and the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- As the responsibilities of this position are ministerial, your personal life must model and reflect the values contained in these statements.
- Will also complete any other responsibilities as determined by the leadership of FAC.
Notice: It is the intent of FAC to conduct criminal and child abuse background checks after any conditional offer of employment is made to an applicant. Any consideration of the background checks will be tailored to the requirements of the position.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full Time Position: Exempt Salaried
- Compensation is commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Full time employees are eligible to participate in FAC’s generous benefit package which includes Group Health, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Account, Group Life Insurance and Paid Leave.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for First Alliance Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Worship Pastor of First Alliance Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of First Alliance Church and the Christian and Missionary Alliance?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected].
The title “Pastor” requires the candidate to be licensed and/or ordained or qualified to become licensed and/or ordained by the Christian and Missionary Alliance through the Western District of PA.
2 FAC’s Vision: To build, equip, and mobilize followers of Jesus so that all nations may know Him, to God’s glory.