Date Posted: November 1, 2022
Hours Per Week: 40
Connect Christian Church
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Job Type: Music or Worship Director
Connect Christian Church is a non-denominational Christian Church located on the east side of Cincinnati, OH. The church is led by Lead Pastor Steve Enochs who is currently transitioning to the full Lead Pastor role, though has been the worship pastor on staff at Connect for about 4 years. The church currently has one modern worship styled service on Sunday mornings at 10:30a. Attendance currently runs around 100 each Sunday for their main worship gathering. The church also offers online live streaming for those who are unable to be present, as well as for those who are desiring to check out the church.
The church is currently portable, not by limitations but intentionally. They meet in a local elementary school which allows them to have a unique missional tie to the community, as they experience many non-believers feeling comfortable coming through the doors of their local elementary school on a Sunday morning. Being portable also allows them to have minimal overhead and focus their budget on their local community and missions.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to lead their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the requirements and responsibilities we have identified for this role:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be a spiritual leader above all else.
- Ensure that excellence happens each Sunday through the music, sound, video, creative elements, stage set up, and weekend services as a whole.
- Oversee all worship related ministries.
- Be a leader both on and off the stage and cultivate relationships that bring the worship team together and closer towards Christ.
- Own, lead, and execute the vision of the church for the worship ministry.
- Serve as pastor and shepherd to all members of the worship ministry.
- Schedule all vocal, instrumental, and tech volunteers for weekend service through Planning Center.
- Create and ensure the accuracy of all presentations using ProPresenter for weekend services.
- Create and maintain a budget for the worship ministry.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and creative/service planning meetings.
- Additional areas in helping the day-to-day function as needed.
- Work hard to build a ministry that is centered around Jesus that is fun, energetic, and packed with joy.
- Spend time each week connecting with worship team members one on one to build relationships.
- Develop a leadership structure that encourages leadership duplication across all creative areas (music, video, tech, etc.).
- Facilitate team training.
- Seek out creative ways to help the Connect family encounter Jesus on a weekly basis.
- Stay current with innovations in worship arts, technology, and ministry trends as well as trends in today’s culture.
- Find ways to creatively implement worship elements that correspond with sermon series and relative topics within the service.
- Managing light cues and other staging elements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus, surrendered to His Word, and is an infectious, enthusiastic follower and disciple of Jesus Christ as Lord.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, not required.
- A degree from an accredited Bible college with a major in worship ministry or a related field would be most desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years leading modern, relevant worship.
- A people-oriented, strong leader, highly relational person.
- Must have experience working with a band, communication parts, and transposing keys.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), high-level networking and interpersonal strengths.
- Self-motivated, willing to both reach out to people in the area and the church, and able to complete projects.
- Someone who is able to lead a unified culture of volunteers.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
How To Apply
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/connect.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at [email protected].