Connections Church (Billings, MT) – Worship Pastor
The Big Picture
Connections Church (connectbillings.com) is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor.
Position Description: Connections Church is seeking a gifted, passionate, and anointed Worship Pastor. A qualified candidate will be gifted musically, passionate about leading the congregation in worship, and possess the calling of God to lead worship. Regarding worship, our church’s core value is “Participatory Worship.” We long to see our time of worship be about engagement over entertainment and participation over preference.
We expect the Worship Leader portion of this position to be 60% of the role. The remaining time will depend on the gifting of the candidate in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
About Connections Church: Connections Church is a 2-year-old church re-start on the West End of Billings. Connections Church launched in October 2020. Since our launch, Connections Church has firmly established itself as a self-sustaining congregation, actively serving the West End of Billings. We’re located across the street from a large Middle School in a fast-growing part of Billings.
Connections Church currently averages 75 people in Sunday Worship attendance. We believe the Lord will continue growing Connections Church to become a medium-sized, vibrant church serving the growing West End of Billings. We also believe that investing in our Worship Ministry is a crucial component of church growth and church health.
Mission & Dream: Our mission at Connections Church is to help people connect into authentic relationships and experience fulfillment in Jesus. Our dream is to make disciples who leverage their influence to build God’s kingdom instead of their own.
Why Connections Church? We’ve named the church Connections Church because even though our world is more connected than ever, we’re more disconnected from meaningful relationships than ever. The world desperately needs an authentic relationship with Jesus and His followers.
What is our vision for worship? Worship, of course, is more than singing. But there’s a reason the Christian Church has always been a singing church. God created us to sing, commanded us to sing, and we’re compelled to sing because of His goodness. Music moves us in a way that nothing else does. Connections Church is about helping people connect to God; music is a critical component of accomplishing that mission. The music we sing as a congregation should develop us as Jesus’ disciples. In short, we’d like to see our time of worship focus on Congregational Discipleship and Engagement.
A Successful Candidate will:
- Focus first on his/her own heart of worship.
- Have a heart and passion for leading others in worship.
- Have the ability to build and lead a worship team.
- Be a skilled musician and vocalist to lead worship.
- Live in the Billings, MT area, or be willing to relocate.
- Have a teachable spirit.
- Be able to learn and utilize the A/V system.
- Be able to learn and utilize Planning Center Services.
- Dedicate appropriate time to other church ministries, if full-time.
Worship Leading Responsibilities:
- Teams: Develop and lead a worship team.
- Services: Be the primary worship leader for every Sunday Gathering. Worship Pastor will also be responsible for finding a replacement for weekends off.
- Systems: Develop and implement various systems like Planning Center Services.
- Equipment: Use, care for, and maintain worship and A/V equipment.
- Rehearsals: Create a plan and schedule for worship rehearsals.
Other Church Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly for a one-on-one meeting with the Lead Pastor for coaching and service planning.
- If full time, dedicate appropriate hours to other church ministries in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Involvement in quarterly outreach events.
- Periodic involvement in Western Conference events.
- Full-Time: 40-45 hours per week.
- Salary depends on experience and will be appropriate for church-size and community.
- 6% pension match. (If full-time)
- Paid time off accrued monthly. Additional paid time off for holidays.
- Flexible Schedule
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Worship Pastor at Connections Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Worship Pastor of Connections Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrinal statement of Connections Church?
Please send your resume, a worship link, and the answers to these questions to [email protected].