The primary responsibilities of the Worship, Tech, and Community Outreach Director will be to create Sunday worship environments that can help all kinds of people take a next step with God in order to experience His life changing grace and truths. This will also include things like preparing slides and graphics for Sunday services as well as leading the tech and media teams and editing videos. The community outreach director portion of the job includes building trust and fostering bridges and relationships in order to meet needs as we continue to serve the city of Malden. This is a salaried position and can be a part time (20-25 hours a week) or full time (40-45 hours per week) position, depending on candidate interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of music worship ministries (including tech and media) and outreach ministries that are in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of Community City Church.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor, staff members, and volunteers to create and lead well-planned and engaging worship services for both Sundays and occasionally during the week for special events like holidays.
- This includes leading worship on Sunday mornings and overseeing the worship, tech, media, and storage teams.
- Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, creating/producing media presentations, and tech set up (video and audio).
- Build relationships with those in Malden as an avenue for people to ultimately find new life in Christ as we help them to walk in that life.
- This includes overseeing current outreach ministries and forming/recruiting teams of volunteers for new outreach initiatives and events as bridges in the community.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of Life Groups and events that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Manage the storage and transportation team and its responsibilities which includes picking up all equipment on Sunday mornings from storage (in Malden) and transporting it to the church.
- A car is required.
- Participate in staff team fundraising opportunities including exploring new donor and grant sourcing that will allow Community City Church to have new ministry initiatives in order to bless the city of Malden and mobilize people for service and mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Steering Team.
- Potential opportunities to preach if candidate is interested
- This job is flexible to be made part time or combined with other duties to be full time.
- A love for Jesus and the desire to see people and communities changed by His truths.
- Desire to continue to grow and mature as a Godly person of integrity who pursues being a follower of Christ so that he/she can model to and mentor others.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide and disciple people well.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Engaging and encouraging teacher/leader who can connect Scripture to everyday practical life.
- Strong audio and video tech skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and lead teams.
- Ability to build relationships with new people.
- Ability to delegate, empower, and coach others.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Driver’s license.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
Competitive salary and benefits are based on experience and qualifications. The full time position includes health insurance and retirement contributions.
How To Apply
Community City Church is a church located in Malden, MA and is looking for a Worship, Tech, and Community Outreach Director. The city of Malden is very ethnically diverse, consisting of people from all demographics and socioeconomic levels which will challenge the way you contextualize your faith, care for people, and do ministry. It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives for Jesus so if interested, please contact [email protected] with your resume.