The primary responsibilities of the Pastor of Community Care and Outreach will be to assist and report to the Lead Pastor by providing pastoral care, building bridges of trust with the Malden community through relationship and ministry initiatives, helping to create environments where people can engage in deeper spiritual community as they learn to be disciples of Jesus who make disciples, build leaders, lead teams, and preach once a month. This is a salaried position and can be a part time (20-25 hours a week) or full time (40-45 hours per week) position, depending on candidate interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with those in Malden as an avenue for people to ultimately find new life in Christ as we help them to walk in that life. This includes overseeing current outreach ministries and forming/recruiting teams of volunteers for new outreach initiatives and events as bridges in the community.
- Provide pastoral care for members of the congregation and those in the city.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of pastoral ministry that is in line with the overall vision, purpose, and mission of Community City Church.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor and ministry teams to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday services. This includes preaching one Sunday a month (with the potential for more preaching opportunities), or serving in other areas of ministry when not preaching on a given Sunday.
- Help to decide the content and creativity of various sermon series. Review and provide engaging feedback before and after all sermons preached.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of Life Groups and events that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Manage the storage and transportation team and its responsibilities which includes picking up all equipment on Sunday mornings from storage (in Malden) and transporting it to the church. A car is required.
- Recruit, coordinate and schedule volunteers within the outreach ministries as well as with the storage and transportation team.
- Participate in staff team fundraising opportunities including exploring new donor and grant sourcing that will allow Community City Church to have new ministry initiatives in order to bless the city of Malden and mobilize people for service and mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Steering Team.
- This job is flexible to be made part time or combined with other duties to be full time.
- A love for Jesus and the desire to see people and communities changed by His truths.
- Desire to continue to grow and mature as a Godly person of integrity who pursues being a follower of Christ so that he/she can model to and mentor others.
- Seminary degree is required, preferably a Masters of Divinity.
- Other seminary degrees with an emphasis in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Discipleship, Counseling, or Church Leadership will be considered.
- Engaging and encouraging teacher/leader who can connect Scripture to everyday practical life.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide and disciple people well.
- Ability to develop and build other leaders.
- Self starter and gatherer of people.
- Ability to lead, delegate and to empower and coach others.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Expectation is to take steps towards credentialing within our denomination (Evangelical Covenant Church) and to remain in good standing with the denomination.
Competitive salary and benefits are based on experience and qualifications. The full time position includes health insurance and retirement contributions.
How To Apply
Community City Church is a church located in Malden, MA and is looking for a Pastor of Community Care and Outreach. The city of Malden is very ethnically diverse, consisting of people from all demographics and socioeconomic levels which will challenge the way you contextualize your faith, care for people, and do ministry. It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives for Jesus so if interested, please contact [email protected] with your resume.