Location: Valley Simsbury
Purpose: The Worship/Youth Director glorifies God and grows His Kingdom by leading campus worship and directing campus youth ministry. This is a full-time position.
Candidate Attributes and Qualifications
To be effective in this role, a successful candidate will be a growing, committed disciple of Jesus Christ. Candidates must be Evangelical and Baptistic in convictions, and ascribe to Valley’s Affirmations of Faith as contained in the church Constitution.
The candidate should possess many of the following core gifts, passions, and qualifications:
- Lifestyle increasingly marked by a hunger for God, mission, discipleship, and a vibrant faith walk.
- Theological convictions and passion for worship that is biblical, Spirit-filled, and engaging.
- Demonstrated ability to lead worship that is generationally and culturally relevant.
- High proficiency in leading worship vocally and instrumentally (guitar or keyboard).
- Three or more years of experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with teenagers.
- Demonstrated experience and results in student discipleship and ministry.
- Experience in outreach or camp ministry a plus.
- Strong team-building skills that inspire, call, equip, and decisively deploy teams to carry out the mission of God.
- Experience and/or strong aptitude with sound equipment, video equipment, presentation software is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A biblical studies or ministry degree is a plus.
- A pioneering spirit, excited to try innovative approaches to church gatherings, growth, worship, and youth ministry.
Part I: Worship Arts (50%)
- Works with the VS pastor to establish vision for the different facets of worship arts.
- Builds a culture where our congregation engages in a lifestyle of Spirit-filled worship, at services and other gatherings.
- Establishes plans at least four weeks in advance for the weekly worship gatherings, in concert with the preaching plans and overall movement of our body.
- Leads the worship team by coordinating team members, planning music, leading rehearsals, and equipping and overseeing others to lead.
- Recruits and onboards worship team members.
- Engages in relationships with younger or newer musicians/singers and develops their skills.
- Acts as primary overseer to the Sunday morning worship environment.
- The Director will own the environment, make decisions, direct teams, and make adjustments as needed.
Part II: Production (20%)
- Works with the VS pastor to establish appropriate goals and vision of production.
- Directs volunteer production teams in video, sound, and livestream as we seek to share the message of Jesus to our visually driven, media-centered world.
- Recruits and onboards production team members.
- Implements technical solutions, training, and documentation to drive a culture of excellence in production.
Part III: Youth (30%)
- Leads the planning and implementation of Valley Simsbury’s high school and middle school ministry, in concert with the greater direction of VCBC’s Student Ministry.
- Recruits, equips, and oversees volunteer leaders who lead and disciple youth.
- Develops missional (outreach) movement and ministry to lead and reach students who are not yet followers of Jesus.
Key Working Relationships
- Works directly with and is supervised by the Valley Simsbury Pastor.
- Works cooperatively with Valley Avon’s Director of Worship Arts and NextGen Pastor.
- Teaming together and coaching will occur when possible in the larger context of our mission and vision.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter, resume and written testimony to [email protected]
No phone calls please.