Lighthouse is the English ministries arm of Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church (AEBC), a predominantly Middle-Eastern background church community. Seeking a pastor/director with a passion to serve youth and young adults and with a calling to build disciples of Christ.
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to ministry (in the areas of teaching and Bible study, group building, worship, discipleship, missions, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
You will be responsible for Middle School, High School, and young adults programs. The Youth Ministry Director is responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing ministry programs that are in keeping with the church’s overall vision. The director provides a well–balanced program for youth and young adults that will seek to reach out to others with Christ’s love, and to help those who are Christians to mature in their faith and discover the personal gifts and abilities with which God has blessed them.
– Competitive compensation based on background and experience.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth and Young Adults Director reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The board coach for your ministry will conduct an evaluation of your ministry about every 6 months.
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels and in all ministry areas of the church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- Encourage and guide youth and young adults in developing their relationship with God.
- Empower them to “Present His Love and Proclaim His Truth” to their communities.
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Planning and executing engaging weekly Friday programming for the youth in conjunction with lay ministry leaders.
- Overseeing a regular small group meeting for young adults (1/month or more as needed).
- Planning and executing Sunday morning English service, including preaching on a weekly basis (with pulpit supply as needed).
- Initiate mentorship with students and leaders.
- Proactively be available to youth (e.g. attendance at extracurricular activities,visitation, times of crisis, etc.) .
- Mentor youth and young adults in developing their leadership skills and engaging them in ministry, both in and outside of church.
- Recruit and train volunteer leadership who work with youth in all aspects of youth and young adult ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support.
- Provide guidance and input for the English Worship team.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and young adult ministries.
- Reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Conduct outreach events to include no less than 1 mission’s trip per year.
- Cultivate a sense of belonging amongst the youth and young adults.
- Plan and coordinate activities through the year to include summer activities, camps,mission trips, annual conferences, and holiday celebrations.
- Ensure the safety and protection of youth and young adults in all ministry settings.
- Manage small groups for young adults program.
- Keep records of youth participation and medical files and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leaders, parents, and the congregation, including a weekly email to parents on the current week’s activities.
- Maintain weekly office hours at the church for counseling or meetings.
- Conduct periodic meetings with parents of youth.