Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20 - 25
Redeemer Church, West Side
New York, NY, USA
Job Type: Other Professional Ministry Positions,Support Position
The West Side Youth Associate, an important member of the Youth Ministry team, will work alongside the West Side Youth Director and West Side Youth Manager to lead a Gospel-centered ministry for youth grades 6-12. The Youth Associate, will support the Director and Manager by assisting in implementing the vision, mission, and goals of West Side Youth. West Side Youth is focused on sharing Christ’s transforming message with all NYC youth in a place where they will be seen, heard, respected and valued. West Side Youth is a relational community that meets youth where they are at through authentic, discipling relationships. Our goal is to equip and empower students to know God, become disciples of Jesus Christ, and to be released into their God-given talents, gifts and callings.
Responsibilities with students
- Lead bi-weekly Friday night youth group sessions: delivery of content, teaching and worship.
- Create and plan fun, engaging, culturally relevant opportunities for youth to connect and grow together.
- Assist in planning and participate in retreats and mission trips.
- Aid in the development and execution of discipleship, mentoring and fellowship groups for male youth.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for activities, events and mentorship programs.
- Develop individual relationships with students, helping students connect with God, each other, and their families as they grow in the Gospel.
- Assist the Director in planning outreach to uninvolved and unchurched youth.
- Pray regularly for God’s direction and students’ spiritual growth.
- Host periodic parent meetings to determine the needs and expectations of WS families.
- Execute and monitor engaging social media presence for West Side Youth.
Responsibilities with the Youth Ministry team
- Coordinate administrative tasks with the Director and provide administrative support including creating, managing, and executing communications with youth, parents, and volunteers.
- Adhere to church policies regarding safety and security to create a protective environment for students, staff, and volunteers.
- Embrace continuous improvement through program evaluation and feedback methods adjusting programming and other ministry aspects as needed.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop opportunities for youth worship, family worship, church-wide message series, and other means of family discipleship within the church community.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with community leaders and organizations.
- Maintain an understanding of current trends in children’s, youth, and family ministry.
- Relationally support volunteers through 1:1 meetings, community building events, and outreach.
Responsibilities with the West Side staff team
- Participate in RWS staff meetings, training sessions, and events relevant to role and at direction of Director.
- Regularly worship at Redeemer West Side on Sunday to allow for congregation interaction.
- Timely communication on internal platforms (Slack, Asana, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- Alignment and passion for Redeemer’s vision to serve New York City.
- Gospel-oriented heart to serve God, families, and youth in New York City.
- Commitment to the theology and traditions of the Reformed faith.
- Act as a positive Christian role model who possesses a love for God that is evident and contagious.
- Team player with ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic organizational environment.
- Available to work a nontraditional schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain high standards of honesty and integrity.
- Attentive to and works appropriately with a culturally and socio-economically diverse population.
- Excellent communication, service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to teach Bible, theology, and Christian discipleship to youth and adults.
- Connects well with youth and able to speak to youth in ways they understand and respect.
- Ongoing interest and awareness of issues that are important to youth.
- Undergraduate degree in psychology, theology, religion, biblical studies, youth ministry, education, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience (volunteer or paid) participating in children’s, youth, or college ministry.
- Established ability to speak before large and small groups with poise and enthusiasm.
- Confirmed understanding of adolescent development including youth’s educational, social, and developmental needs.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, execute, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities, programs and events with strong time management.
- Experience working with volunteers under supervision.
- Social media fluency.
- Proficiency with GSuite and MSOffice, Asana, Slack, database and social networking applications.
- Experience in social justice ministry.
- CPR, AED, First Aid, and/or Safe from Harm certification.
Part time: 20-25hrs/week
Pay Rate: $32-$36/hr
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Apply using this link: https://westside-redeemer.apscareerportal.com/j/01occf2.