Part-Time Position (averages 15-20 hours per week; pay based on experience); Reports to the Senior Pastor.
The Youth Director will oversee ministries to students in grades 6 through 12, including Sunday evening youth group meetings, special events, and youth shepherding. The focus of the youth director will be relational, organizational, and spiritual:
- Relational: Create and foster relationships and community among students, parents, and volunteers.
- Organizational: Coordinate youth group meetings, special events, and youth volunteers.
- Spiritual: Teach students from the Scriptures, organize content and curriculum, and disciple students to shape the spiritual lives of our youth.
- Organize weekly youth meetings on Sunday evenings.
- Organize monthly fun nights and community engagement opportunities for youth.
- Help set the future direction for youth ministry.
- Actively disciple students one-on-one or in small groups.
- Coordinate a team of volunteers to assist with leading youth ministry.
- Onboard new students into youth ministry.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor for oversight and encouragement.
- Growing faith in Jesus Christ and knowledge of the Scriptures.
- Adheres to the Apostles’ Creed, a Reformed understanding of the doctrines of salvation, and the authenticity and authority of the Scriptures.
- Adheres in belief and personal life to a historically-consistent, biblical view of marriage, sexuality, gender, and abortion.
- Believes racism is condemned in Scripture and desires to lead within a multicultural church that is committed to loving one another across racial and cultural lines.
- Willing to learn, understand, and uphold the Trinity Park Church Child Protection Policy including guidelines for personal social media use.
- Ability to build, organize and administer ministries.
- Able to connect with students and skilled in discipling others.
- Comfortable working with volunteers, parents, and persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Adaptable, teachable spirit and willingness to work under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in youth ministry.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and family backgrounds.
- Experience with atypical or neurodiverse children including those with ADHD, autism, developmental delays, etc.
- Membership or regular attendance at Trinity Park Church.
- College credits or degree.
How To Apply
Email resume and a message explaining your interest in the job to [email protected] by July 10, 2023.