Purpose: To encourage our church to be a community that grows the next generation to follow Jesus. This role is both a direct ministry role through leading the youth ministry, but also an equipping role, collaborating with our Christian Education Board to encourage people to serve in our family ministries.
- Work with the CE Board of the church to develop and implement an overall vision/plan for the spiritual growth of children, youth and families at WSBC.
- This includes curriculum choices, setting goals, celebrating what God is doing, etc.
- Work with the CE Board to help coach and encourage the leaders of the Sunday Blast team (Elementary age/MS age).
- Meet periodically with these leaders for support and planning.
- Co-teach the middle-school class on Sunday during the sermon-time.
- Lead a weekly Youth group/Bible study as God provides youth inside and outside our church family.
- This may also include several events during the year led with the help of parents/volunteers.
- Be also available to counsel youth and families going through difficulties.
- Work with the CE Board to hold periodic events for families that can promote connection/fellowship at WSBC as well as the opportunity to reach out to people new to the church and Lynn.
- May include occasional preaching, Sunday worship leading, and other duties.
- Love for the Lord and desire to serve Him.
- Desire to see families thrive at WSBC.
- Knowledge of the Bible and church ministry.
- Able to speak in front of groups (can be trained).
- Some planning and organizing ability in a church or non-profit setting.
- Some counseling experience with youth.
How To Apply
Send a cover letter to [email protected].