Chinese Baptist Church of Greater Hartford Youth Director
Chinese Baptist Church of Greater Hartford (CBCGH) is looking for the right person who is a called, qualified candidate as our Youth Director. The candidate must be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ in the evangelical tradition, who feels called to lead young people into that same type of relationship they have with Christ. The candidate must evidence a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, etc.). In addition, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus with a passion for youth, a teachable spirit and a clear calling to our church. We expect the successful candidate to be able to build and mentor a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission of the ministry. An understanding of the dynamics of the immigrant culture would also be helpful for the position.
Overall Job Description:
Provide vision, leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Middle and High School ministries at Chinese Baptist so that our students can come to know and follow Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
Requirements: Any candidate must be willing to share their story of coming to faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and has been baptized by immersion.
- The ability to clearly share the gospel is also essential as well as experience in disciple making.
- The candidate will need at least 3-5 years of youth ministry experience with a proven track record in relational youth ministry.
- The candidate needs to be a self-starter and motivated to work with fellow church staff, students, youth leaders and parents
- We require a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A Master’s degree in Ministry, Biblical Studies or Theology would be preferred
- Being a multicultural Chinese church we are looking for a candidate that has an understanding of the unique challenges that face American-born Chinese students
Time management must involve some regular office hours, building networks with other youth directors in the area, time spent with students and families, as well as involvement with other members of the church. We expect the Youth Director to be networked into the overall CBCGH church community.
- Plan and oversee all youth activities and programs for the Middle School and High School students of CBCGH, including Friday evenings (High School Group) and Middle School (AWANA Trek), as well as biblically-based education programs on Sunday.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteer youth staff.
- Responsible also for youth retreats, mission trips, other special events and for all youth related outreach events (6th – 12th grade).
- Establish relationships with and among the youth through a variety of fun, and purposeful activities.
- Engage our students through regular use of social media for contact and enrichment.
- Responsible for the youth program at The New England Chinese Christian Conference.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for the youth to serve in ministry.
- Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to the youth as called upon or needed, including referrals to professional counselors as needed.
- Give ongoing opportunities to hear the gospel message, opportunities for discipleship and to assist them to become spiritually mature Christians.
- Maintain open communication with church staff, parents, students and church members.
- Be willing to assist in leading in English Ministry Worship services based on personal gifting such as preaching, leading worship or serving on a team.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
How To Apply
All candidates for the Youth Director Position will need to send a current resume’ to [email protected] or
Chinese Baptist Church of Greater Hartford
160 Wintonbury Avenue
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(Attn. Pastor Tim).
Upon receiving your resume we will guide you through the next steps in the process. Please know that in due course you may be required to submit two videos demonstrating your abilities in teaching or preaching, three personal references (including one from a former supervisor) and before hiring you will need to undergo a background check. We look forward to hearing from you!