Youth Ministry Associate Pastor
Bethel Korean Presbyterian Church in Ellicott City, Maryland seeks a half-time associate youth pastor to work directly in discipling and caring for our female students. The successful candidate would team with our current Youth Pastors to journey alongside our youth in helping them to see more of Jesus in their lives as they commit to becoming mature disciples of Jesus Christ into adulthood.
Our vibrant and flourishing youth ministry, Bethel Youth Group (BYG), is composed of 150+ middle and high school students from families in both our Korean-speaking (KM) and English-speaking (EM) congregations. BYG strives to be a ministry that is relational and emphasizes “people-keeping” over program-maintenance. We seek to invite the Holy Spirit’s work into our ministry by making small groups the heartbeat and engine of Christian discipleship. Our desire is to build meaningful partnerships so that our students realize and witness that God is also at work outside the walls of the church including in the lives of their homes, schools, neighborhoods, and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and support Sunday worship services with planning, oversight, and teaching.
- Mentor student leadership team (POIEMA) with a focus on discipling female students.
- Support Wednesday small group gatherings (Bridge) with planning, oversight, and teaching.
- Lead Sunday small groups (THEOS), focused on theologically-rich and Gospel-centered writings, and support its overall structure and program.
- Build and nurture mentoring relationships with female students in BYG as well as female adult volunteers.
- Support the planning and execution of special events which include, but are not limited to, the fall and winter retreats, summer missional outreach, MS & HS meet-ups, special summer outings, etc.
- Grow involvement from our PTA (both KM and EM parents) in support of our youth programs and partnering activities.
- Attend staff meetings and give input and support to overall vision of ministry.
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves Jesus and His church and walks faithfully in dependence on God.
- Enjoys talking with and journeying alongside youth as they live in the unique crossroads of youth/adolescence entering adulthood.
- Is currently enrolled as a student or has completed theological training at an accredited seminary with a commitment to reformed teaching.
- Has a passion for leading and teaching the Bible in both small and large group settings.
- Willing to work within the cultural and social dynamics of a bilingual Korean-American church.
Specifics about the position:
You will have an opportunity to help shape the landscape of youth ministry at Bethel under the direction of our current Youth Pastor. The position is offered as a half-time position. We are accepting applications from interested candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Some links to our social media presence: