Lead a ministry that disciples and mentors youth into gospel-centered adult maturity, partners with families to provide support and resources, and equips the youth to do God\’s missional and redemptive work in their generation.
Job Description – Youth Ministry Director
Reports to – Pastor for Ministry and Mission
Direct reports – Children and Youth Ministry Administrative Assistant
Job Type – Full-time, exempt
Salary Details – Competitive Salary + Generous Benefits
- Lead prayer efforts for the youth, families, and youth ministry.
- Build regularly scheduled youth-centered gatherings that foster friendship, community and outreach.
- Work together with the Children’s Ministry Director and the Pastor of Ministry and Mission to form entire families in a life of following Jesus.
- Shape the youth ministry in light of Knox’s vision-based practices of worship, Sabbath, hospitality, and justice & mercy.
- Work to cultivate a multi-generational community where students are an integral part of the church.
- Engage parents and work together to form families that are equipped to disciple their children.
- Build relationships with unchurched and non-Christian youth outside of Knox Church, bringing them into a growing relationship with Christ.
- Recruit and encourage gifted and called adults to partner with the youth ministry and parents in discipling youth.
- Experience and spiritual gifting in biblical teaching, pastoral care, and ministry leadership.
- Experience in shepherding youth towards Jesus.
- Experience in supporting parents in the discipleship of their children.
- Demonstrated ability to lead youth and families in a life of repentance and faith.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead adult volunteers in ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and cross-cultural competency.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ongoing commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that would be an example of maturity in all aspects of life and speech, as becomes a leader in the church (e.g. 1 Tim. 3; Titus 1).
- A life commitment to grow in faith and repentance and to lead by means of being a “lead repenter,” cultivating a teachable, approachable, and humble spirit.
- Exhibits a mature, gospel-centered marriage and family life that reflects a redemptive and missional posture.
- Be able to work with the Staff and Session in healthy and integrated ways.
- Be able to embrace and teach from within the theological framework of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, as expressed in the Westminster Standards.
Knox is an Evangelical Presbyterian church in the historic Reformed tradition. They subscribe to the great Ecumenical creeds of the universal church—the Apostles’ Creed, Nicene Creed and Athanasian Creed. But they also subscribe to the Westminster Standards. These documents, from the 17th century, define our beliefs as Presbyterians within the context of the historic Christian faith.