Maxdale Cowboy Church (Killeen, TX) Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
Maxdale Cowboy Church (maxdalecowboychurch.com) is seeking a Youth Pastor who will be responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive program for youth aimed at growing their walk as disciples of Jesus Christ.
The selected Youth Pastor will be leading a group of teens who are mature, curious, and excited to grow in their walk of faith in Jesus Christ. The person will be someone who will create opportunities to reach teens in the greater Central Texas community.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and organize effective youth programs to include, but not limited to, effective fellowship, group worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and mission opportunities.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities; keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget.
- Manage youth fund raising events for ministry or mission trips.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life.
- Attend worship services, and as requested, special meetings.
- Be available to substitute in the pulpit for Senior Pastor absences.
- Encourage the introduction to, and assimilation of, young adults into the congregational life as active participants of the Maxdale Cowboy Church family (including assimilation, baptism, discipleship, membership, ministry involvement, leadership development, etc.).
- Build spiritually based relationships with young adults for spiritual growth and outreach.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Demonstrates an effective level of oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with youth and their parents.
- Preach and provide benevolence assistance when requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God.
- Spiritually mature.
- Seeking and using leadership skills as outlined in the Bible.
- Ability to teach, preach, and effectively communicate God’s Word.
- Able to oversee and manage budget responsibilities.
- Degreed or working toward a Ministry Degree.
- Must be enthusiastic in creating a long-term vision for youth ministry.
- Must agree with Maxdale Cowboy Church’s By-Laws and Articles of Faith.
- Must be constantly working on effective communication skills.
- Basic administrative skills required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, is desired.
- Above all must have a calling to lead youth in their quest to lead a Jesus Christ inspired life.
50K-60K comprehensive package
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at Maxdale Cowboy Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor for Maxdale Cowboy Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Maxdale Cowboy Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to [email protected].