Columbus Evangelical Church (Columbus, MT) Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
Columbus Evangelical Church (columbuse.church) is seeking a Youth Pastor who will emphasize ministry for youth but will also provide opportunities to minister to the larger church body in regular Sunday worship services.
Columbus Evangelical Church is a multi-staff church with a growing and healthy congregation. We have seen God’s provision and transformation in our church and community over the last two years. Our future youth pastor would be starting with an established group of youth but would be enabled with the freedom to make changes to help the ministry be even more fruitful. Our church staff is team driven and there is a sense of family. Therefore, our future youth pastor will be involved collaboratively in our larger church vision and event planning.
Ministry Description- This job position will include responsibilities in the following areas:
Responsibility Approximate Weekly Time Commitment Middle School Ministry 16 hours High School Ministry 16 hours Weekly Staff Meeting 1 hour Weekly Creative Meeting 2 hours Church Worship Services 5 hours Total 40 Hours
Middle School Ministry: This last year we had between 10-15 actively participating middle school students in our weekly program.
High School Ministry: This last year we had between 15-20 actively participating high school students in our weekly program.
Weekly Staff Meeting: We hold a weekly gathering of all the church staff to coordinate church services and activities.
Weekly Creative Meeting: This is a collaborative creative meeting involving the Youth Pastor, Associate Pastor and Lead Pastor. This creative meeting involves praying for God’s direction over designing church events, Christmas/Easter services, brainstorming ways to improve ministries, etc.
Church Worship Services: On a regular Sunday morning, the youth pastor will oversee the sound booth volunteers and help facilitate and engage with members of our online church services. The youth pastor will be rotated quarterly into the Sunday morning pulpit to give a sermon. The Youth Pastor may be called upon to help with announcements or other elements of the Sunday services, especially if other staff members are on vacation. On occasion we have special services (weddings, funerals, etc.) and the youth pastor will be available to help with the needs of those services.
- An evident passion and calling to vocational ministry.
- Experience in youth ministry leadership (minimum of 2 years).
- Experience ministering and discipling youth (minimum of 2 years).
- Ability to communicate well in a public setting.
- Ability to coordinate and organize events and activities.
- Ability to lead and disciple a youth worship team.
- Willingness to work in collaborative teams.
- Willingness to be flexible to adapt to church ministry needs.
- Either having or actively pursuing pastoral credentialing with the Evangelical Church of North America which has a Wesleyan focus.
Full time (40 hours per week)
Compensation Package Approximately $50,000 (including salary, housing allowance, insurance, and retirement).
Technology Equipment Provided (church cell phone package, laptop computer, etc.).
Weekly Sabbath Day (Weekday off where you will abstain from all regular church activities).
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Columbus Evangelical Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor of Columbus Evangelical Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Columbus Evangelical Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].