Church of the Chimes (San Jose, CA) – Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
Church of the Chimes (cotconline.org) is looking for a skilled and engaging Youth Pastor to serve our 6-12 grade students as youth pastor with the responsibility of calling, encouraging, mentoring, supporting, and launching young disciples for Christ.
The youth pastor of COTC has primary responsibility for leadership, strategy, vision casting, development, and oversight of a comprehensive youth ministry program for grade 6-12 students. Key areas of ministry focus include group/community building, discipleship development, worship, mission, family support, and outreach. The youth pastor is expected to teach core biblical principles with practical application to student life issues, provide counseling and spiritual guidance, be a youth advocate to the church, participate in meaningful ways in the lives of students, support the parents/guardians of students, collaborate with youth-related communities outside of the church, and protect the safety of students, staff, and volunteers.
- A college bachelor’s degree (completed, in progress, or equivalent) or higher in a ministry- relevant field is required; five years of experience as a youth pastor is strongly desired; related experience in youth mentoring, youth counseling, and/or youth development would be beneficial.
- A passion for drawing students into a thriving personal relationship with Jesus.
- Engaging spiritual leader and clear discipleship role model.
- Skilled speaker for teaching and motivating students.
- Empathetic mentor/counselor/advisor to students.
- Able to build relationships with students from a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Effective communicator – especially using social media.
- Collaborative, non-competitive approach to accomplishing goals.
- Bible-based approach to conflict resolution and discipline.
- Recruiting, training, leading, supporting, and mentoring volunteers.
- Administrative skills relevant to planning, coordinating, and overseeing youth activities and ministry resources.
- Readily models humility, vulnerability, transparency, and approachability as a servant-leader.
$75,000-$85,000 – Healthcare – Vacation Days – 403(b) Retirement – Graduate Tuition Reimbursement – Annual Paid Sabbatical.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at Church of the Chimes?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor at Church of the Chimes?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Church of the Chimes?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].