Date Posted: May 8, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Free Christian Church
Andover, MA, USA
Job Type: Associate Pastor,Ministry Director
Free Christian Church – Youth Pastor Job Description
Job status: Full-Time, 40hrs/week, includes Sundays and some holidays
Job roles & responsibilities:
- Purpose: To partner with parents in teaching, guiding, and directing youth (6th to 12th grade) at FCC and in the surrounding community in the foundations of faith so they will grow into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ—the most important thing in their lives.
- Plan, direct and evaluate Youth Ministry scope and sequence as well as weekly curriculum prep. Evaluate existing ministries and curricula, implementing change where needed.
- Deliver Youth pastoral leadership on Sunday as well as select evenings depending on the group (middle school and high school)
- Responsible for Confirmation of the youth of FCC (11th and 12th grade) on a bi-annual basis
- Plan, coordinate and lead youth off-site events and retreats (winter and summer) to enable focused, meaningful reflection in a fun, supportive environment
- Recruit and coach volunteers and assistant staff or intern. Ensure a harmonized approach to teaching and discipleship. Foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration through which innovative ministry can flow.
- Coordinate and lead service opportunities for the youth. Coordinate with outside groups as well as Missions and Service Director.
- Ensure Youth Ministry include parents and family as an essential part of a holistic ministry to youth. Keep the congregation informed about these ministries and the needs of youth. Ensure that new families in the church are welcomed and connected with Youth Ministry.
- Work with the Pastor of Discipleship to develop strategic plans, action steps and goals for Youth Ministry that implement the purpose and mission of FCC
- Work with the Pastor of Discipleship in management of all budgets related to Youth Ministry
Reporting structure: Reports to Pastor of Discipleship
Required skills and experience:
- Personal and mature faith in Jesus Christ
- Ability to work with youth & adult volunteers and minister to their needs
- Leadership, teaching & administrative skills
- Relevant youth ministry work experience
- High energy level; relational skills, high emotional and social intelligence; coachable
- Understands basic student development, be familiar with contemporary youth ministry strategies
- Basic budgeting, planning and management skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with other staff positively.
- BA/BS degree required
- MDiv or MA preferred
- Seminary students are encouraged to apply
- Some experience required 2-3-years
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected].