Reports to: Lead Pastor
Compensation: Salary, SECA, pension and other benefits
We are looking for a “go-getter” type leader for our youth ministry. The Lead Pastor and our leadership are working on building a staff that has a sincere passion for ministry but also does not take themselves more seriously than they should. So if you are looking for a youth ministry position where you can lead, cast vision, try new things and be part of an awesome team, this may be the spot you!
Primary Ministry Role Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop an intentional ministry that includes groups, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
- Maximize use of the youth building – make it great, presentable and steward it well.
- Provide leadership over Youth Small Groups.
- Help with any tasks needed to make Breiel and its ministries amazing. While the primary focus is youth ministry, it is important to also be an engaged part of the larger staff team.
- Recruit, audition, and train new youth ministry team members.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to serve in youth ministry and other areas of ministry.
- Partner with parents, especially communicating with parents who have students involved in the youth ministry.
- Connect with students throughout the week – show up in their lives beyond church gatherings.
- Participate in Staff Meetings and retreats.
- Continued education and development.
- Occasional speaking for Sunday services.
- Maintain efforts of healthy spiritual formation, self care and ministry.
- Other things that may come up, as needed.
What a Win Looks Like
- The Youth Pastor/Director is recognized as the visible leader of the Youth Ministry (Grades 6-12) as a whole.
- Every student and every Youth Ministry Team Member is cared for.
- Students are engaged in meaningful ways with the Gospel, and there is fruit shown through the efforts of the Youth Ministry.
- There is clear, thorough communication with Youth Ministry Team members and everyone understands their roles and expectations to be on the team.
- The Youth Ministry Team is trained and able to function well on their own.
Keys to Winning
- Model Christ-like leadership to students, families, Youth Ministry Volunteers, co-workers, and the church.
- Communicate consistently with the Lead Pastor, leadership and your team.
- Pray consistently for your team.
- Develop and implement a strategy for identifying and recruiting new Youth Ministry volunteers.
- Accepting of feedback and implementing ways to improve in your personal growth as well as the growth of the Youth Ministry Team.
- Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years experience in leading a ministry to teens of various grade levels and has a proven history of demonstrating spiritual maturity in their ministry.
- Must have past ministry experience and demonstrate a competent ability to develop an effective and growing ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry related field or minimum 3-years full-time Ministry Experience.
- Understanding of current youth culture
- Work as a collaborative and cooperative member of the staff team
- Currently ordained or open to pursuing ordination in the Church of God (Anderson)
- Willingness to be flexible to adapt to church ministry needs
Located just 30 minutes north of Cincinnati, Breiel Church is a 112 year old church with a rich history, and we believe our best days are still ahead of us! This church is full of great people who have a desire to reach their community and beyond for Jesus.
How To Apply
Please submit all applications through the job posting on MinistryHub HERE.