- Demonstrates the character of a church leader described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Tit. 1:5-9.
- Pastoral & shepherding gifts that are exhibited in passion for reaching out and connecting people to the local church.
- Displays evidence of a mature and ongoing spiritual life and is passionate about the spiritual formation of individuals.
- Called and experienced in leading within a multi-racial, urban context and exhibit strong cross-cultural competencies.
- Excels in mentoring, developing and discipling leaders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Satisfactory background, reference, and criminal check.
The Youth Pastor will minister as an Assistant Pastor in a growing multi-racial and multi-cultural church in Cambridge, MA. The Pastor leads a team to minister to Middle School students and High School students connected to Central Square Church and is responsible for the discipleship, care and shepherding of youth. Responsibilities include casting vision for the ministry, overseeing Sunday and midweek gatherings for youth, organizing special events and communicating and partnering with parents. The Youth Pastor also recruits, develops and disciples leaders and volunteers and nurtures communities of volunteers. This position works in coordination with other key ministries such as
Families ministries and Sunday service teams.
- Work as part of the Central Square Church pastoral staff team to advance the mission and values of Central Square Church.
- Development, oversight and execution of the Youth Ministry.
- Periodically organize community-building events.
- Provide pastoral care and spiritual direction for Youth and Youth Volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and support the development of new leaders and volunteers to sustain the ministry.
- Developing a sustainable mentorship/discipleship structure for youth.
- Coordinating events for high school and middle school students such as Fall Retreat and monthly social gatherings etc.
- Developing community service and outreach opportunities for high school and middle school students.
- Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
- Helping students discover their spiritual gifts and places they can use those gifts to serve others.
- Integrating students into the wider church.
- Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Director of Children & Youth and fellow staff members.
- Share in other “regular” pastoral duties as needed, such as special services, weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- At the discretion of the Senior Pastor, supervision of staff personnel, including seminary interns.
- At the discretion of the Senior Pastor, may be asked to engage in ministries outside of primary areas of responsibility.
- To encourage, counsel and support key leaders in the church (Romans 15-16).
- To pray regularly for the church’s welfare and spiritual development (Ephesians 1:15-19 and 3:14-21).
How To Apply
If interested to learn more or to apply for this position, send a cover letter to [email protected].