Pastor of Youth Ministries
Interested parties please send email with resume to: [email protected]
A Little About Us
Before you apply for a job, you probably want to know something about who’s hiring. For over 100 years, Easton has had a rich history of biblical teaching, passion for evangelism and missions, and commitment to multi-generational community. We believe that there is nothing more relevant than the gospel, that Scripture never gets old, and that life is better together. Today, we’re a growing church of around 350, located in Hainesport, NJ, about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia. We’re a non-denominational, contemporary-styled church that is committed to helping people experience a life-changing relationship with Jesus.
We’re looking for a Pastor of Youth Ministries to provide:
- Oversight, leadership and biblical teaching for the student ministry in alignment with the church’s mission, vision, and strategy.
- Help create a safe and engaging environment and experience for students (middle school (6-8 grade) & high school (9-12 grade).
- Recruit, train, and support student ministry volunteers.
- Develop a strategy for reaching students outside the church.
- Communicate with parents and staff regarding programming & events.
Big picture, we’re looking for the right leader to:
- Provide biblical teaching to students in a relatable and applicable way.
- Lead the student ministry team. Lead, recruit, train, and equip youth leaders to engage and build relationships with students and point them towards Jesus.
- Develop youth ministry programming that makes a big deal out of Jesus.
- Build on the current youth ministry foundation to create programs and events that are engaging, attractive, and fun, that will appeal to students and challenge them to take next step in their relationship with Jesus.
- Care for students and their families.
- Youth ministry is family ministry.
- And nothing speaks louder to a parent than knowing that you love their kids.
- Find creative ways to make authentic connections with students that make an impact on their lives.
- Reach students who don’t know Jesus.
- We believe that one of our greatest opportunities for reaching unbelievers in our community with the gospel is through the student ministry.
- Bachelor degree In Youth Ministries, Bible or Christian Education from a Bible College or a Christian Liberal Arts College (evangelical).
- Prior experience either in youth or camp ministry.
- We need someone who has experience relating to kids and knows that it’s something they have a heart for.
- Mature and maturing walk with the Lord.
- Effective ministry happens when we serve and love others out of the overflow of our relationship with the Lord.
- Interpersonal relational skills to get along well with both students and adults, including parents and/or guardians.
- It’s not enough that kids love you; you have to be able to lead youth leaders and win over parents.
- Self-starter, entrepreneur-type, who likes the idea of building new things and isn’t afraid to fail.
- We’re not looking for someone to maintain what we’ve got; we want someone who’ll be excited to take our current student ministry to the next level.
- Align with our church, agreeing with our doctrinal statement, fully on board with our mission and vision, and embracing our church’s culture.
- Work well with others.
- Everyone on our staff team, along with our volunteers, works hard to encourage, support, and go the extra mile to make each other successful.
- Full-time, salaried, commensurate to candidate’s education and experience.
- Additional benefits include a single family 4 bedroom parsonage on campus with utilities paid, health insurance reimbursement cost of $600/mo for the pastor, plus $500/mo for spouse and $300/mo per child, and also “employer’s” portion of FICA, 7.65%.
- Anticipated start date of late spring 2024.
How To Apply
Interested parties please send email with resume to: [email protected].