Korean Central Church of Pittsburgh is seeking a shepherd for our Youth Group. Our Youth group consists of roughly 30 students, most of whom are second-generation Korean Americans (born in America to Korean immigrants). Our church is mid-sized (400 in attendance on Sundays) and located in the heart of Pittsburgh (Shadyside). Although we are not currently part of a denomination, our church structure and governance are similar to Presbyterian. We are Reformed in our theology.
The youth service is conducted in English, and there is a sizeable second-generation Asian American Service (which has 120 people (mostly College students and Young adults) on Sundays). There is no shortage of potential helpers for the Youth group at our church. 1/2 of your ministry will be working with the parents and training the Youth volunteers.
We are seeking someone who is a gifted preacher but moreso someone who can show the love of Christ to our Youth in our cultural context.
- Preaching at Sunday Youth Services.
- Organizing and leading weekday evening programs.
- Administration and facilitation of Youth group calendar and budget.
- Working under the guidance of Pastor Jacob (the lead English Speaking Congregation Pastor).
- Recruiting and training volunteers for the Youth Group.
- Attending monthly staff meetings for Korean Central Church of Pittsburgh.
- Creating/Screening youth group Sunday School curriculum.
- Seminary degree or current student.
- Conservative in theology.
- Clear calling into Pastoral ministry.
- Basic communication skills in Korean.
- Musically inclined.
How To Apply
Email resume to Lead EM Pastor: [email protected].