Reports to: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Volunteers and students
The primary role of the Staff Leader of Youth Ministries is to shepherd middle school and high school youth, as well as their families and associated ministry teams, in order to fulfill the heart and call of Gate City Vineyard (GCV).
- Demonstrates an active and mature walk with Christ, exemplified through a healthy and well-managed personal life, as well as a personal pursuit of Biblical truth. Must affirm the beliefs and core values of GCV.
- Exhibits an empathic heart for and love of youth. Passionate about the importance of teaching the gospel to our youth and the early development of a firm foundational relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Recognizes the importance of connecting with and supporting entire family units as well as youth.
- Values diversity and shows intentionality in ministry plans/philosophies in order to create an atmosphere that welcomes students from different backgrounds.
- Able to mobilize volunteers and build teams. Possesses an ability to cast vision, lead and delegate well.
- Able to teach and learn. Exemplifies strong Biblical knowledge and discernment.
- Team player with a teachable, servant’s heart with regards to staff, church leadership, and youth ministry.
- Communicates clearly with adults, young people, and children, orally and in writing.
- Proficient computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office, and knowledge of current social media.
- Cast vision for, develop, coordinate and oversee the middle and high school ministries at Gate City Vineyard, comprising students 7th grade through 12th grade (13 years old and up).
- Find and/or develop and teach age-appropriate curriculum for weekly youth meetings and other discipleship activities, with the goal of helping students to become mature followers of Christ.
- Develop loving and appropriate relationships with the students as a mentor/leader, helping them to encounter Jesus and grow in their Christian faith.
- Work with Children’s Ministry leader to transition students from Vkids into middle school ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer adult and student leaders to enhance ministry effectiveness and spiritual growth.
- Organize and lead trips and/or retreats to further the spiritual growth of students.
- Assimilate and distribute helpful information to youth, youth leaders and parents. Equip parents to disciple their children.
- Counsel youth and parents when needed and refer for professional help when appropriate.
- Follow all appropriate child safety guidelines as dictated by Gate City Vineyard’s child safety policy.
- Become a regular attendee of Gate City Vineyard Church
- Plan, oversee and coordinate any special services or events led by Youth
- Attend weekly staff meetings, planning days, and any church-wide meetings.
- Work closely with the Pastor and the Church Administrator to plan well for ministry events and needs. Be part of the staff team at GCV, encouraging and helping as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.