Kirkmont Church is looking for someone to lead its ministry to youth 6th-12th grade. We anticipate this staff person spending about 30-35 hours in this area, with the remaining hours TBD and negotiable based on the church’s needs and the employee’s gifting.
Purpose: To coordinate programs and activities for Kirkmont’s 6th through 12th grade students.
Accountability: The Youth Ministry Coordinator is under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and is ultimately responsible to the Session.
With an emphasis on cultivating discipleship, plan, prepare for, and manage Youth Ministry Sunday night and Wednesday night events and programs so that all activities are safely and properly supervised and conducted. This may include additional events or programs at other times as well.
- Plan and lead other youth events such as summer trips, retreats, etc.
- Build and foster relationship with youth outside of formal meetings. This includes attending youth activities such as sports events, concerts, plays, etc.
- Follow up with Kirkmont visitors who have youth to ensure they are invited and feel welcome.
- Be intentional about meeting new youth in the community.
- Communicate youth ministry schedule and other information in a timely manner to parents and youth.
- Be available to the parents of youth for pastoral guidance and care.
- Recruit godly youth ministry volunteers, as needed.
- Meet with the appropriate Kirkmont staff weekly, and report to the Session monthly.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to be considered for the Director of Youth Ministry. Ordained or ordainable in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church to be considered for the Assistant Pastor of Youth Ministry.
- Cultivates a close relationship with the Lord and loves His Church.
- Called and passionate about ministering to youth.
- Can teach the Bible to youth in a way that is accurate and engaging.
- If not ordained in the EPC, understands and agrees with Kirkmont’s theological framework.
- Has a high relational IQ and can get along with a variety of youth, parents, Elders, staff, and church members.
Kirkmont Church is a growing, multi-generational congregation with about 400-450 in attendance on a weekly basis. Kirkmont is located in Beavercreek, a wonderful suburb of Dayton, Ohio. While Beavercreek is a great place to live and raise a family, like most suburbs it is filled with people who don’t know Jesus. Kirkmont is not a perfect church, but it is a healthy church that focuses focuses the Great Commission. We have a great group of elders, a staff that enjoys one another, and a congregation that is at peace and unified with each other. Our current Youth Ministry is divided into Jr. (grades 6-8) and Sr. High (grades 9-12) and meets weekly on Sunday and Wednesday nights. We average around 35 kids in attendance total for the two age groups, with about 50-60 youth total currently in the church.
Salary: 50K for non-ordained, 55K (salary and housing) for ordained
Health and retirement benefits included
PTO and Study Leave included
How To Apply
Email Dan Borgelt (Lead Pastor) [email protected]