Primary Responsibilities: Discipleship Coordination of Church Leaders/Life Group Leaders/Deacons, Member Care and Biblical Counsel, Teaching, Coordination of Outreach Ministries, Safety/Security Protocols, and Occasional Preaching.
Specifically, this position will help care for the church by:
- The senior pastor desires a co-pastor who can work with him to develop lay members into disciple-makers.
- We want Grace to be a church that trains leaders to send them out to other churches for revitalization and growth.
- The associate pastor will help to develop and train life group leaders and establish new life groups within the church as the congregation grows.
- Ideally, the associate would be involved in developing and teaching our in-house curriculum.
- Sharing the pastoral load of counseling, member care, hospital visitations, etc.
- We desire our pastoral staff to meet with members and visitors regularly to know them well and to be known by them.
- This role would include both performing these duties, but also training others to do them as well.
- This role will grow to include working with deacons to participate in ongoing Christian education for counseling.
- In time, Grace’s counseling ministry will fall under the Deacon’s supervision, and the associate will be involved in this educational process.
Service & Outreach Ministry Oversight:
- Discipleship, creating, and implementing safety protocols and guidelines for mercy ministries, other outreach ministries, etc.
- This position aims to help our deacons be discipled and trained to be more effective ministry leaders.
- Working with the deacons to establish new evangelism and outreach ministries.
- Grace desires our deacons to be the primary hands and feet of the church.
- The associate will provide spiritual oversight to make these ministries more effective.
- Help manage fire safety protocol, shooter/intruder, background checks, CPR training, abuse training for the care of minors, coordinating with the city when needed for inspections, etc.
Additionally, this position will assist the broader ministries of the church by:
- Occasional preaching during the year.
- This would include a willingness to fill the pulpit on an emergency basis. This position is NOT a primary preaching role.
- Community and City Involvement in Greenville: Greenville Minister’s Association, For the City, Fish (local benevolence ministry).
- Attending regular corporate gatherings of GCC and addressing congregational needs as required.
- Attending elder, deacon, and staff meetings. As well as other necessary gatherings of the staff.
- Participating in a GCC Life Group.
Education/Experience: Theological Masters Level degree preferred. Previous pastoral and/or counseling experience with a lower theological degree may be substituted for a master’s.
Additional Job Details
Salary/Benefits: $60,000 + Benefits Package (Negotiable based upon experience and education)
Elder: This position would become an elder position after a waiting period.
Location: Greenville, TX
Website: Grace Community Church
How To Apply
Send resume, statement of faith, and references to [email protected].