The Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation will work in collaboration with the Sr. Pastor and leadership team to assist in the implementation of our vision to Experience Christ’s Love, Receive Christ’s Word, and Live Christ’s Life. The Pastor will train, equip, and support leaders; nurture and encourage people on their faith journey; promote intergenerational ministries; and develop programs to foster discipleship. The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will be someone who can retrieve ancient Christian spiritual wisdom and the best of Reformed theology and practice to connect us to God, to scripture, and to our community. He/ She will help bridge the gap between what happens on Sunday and the rest of the week so that we may obediently and effectively love God and our neighbors.
- Develop and promote congregational-wide spiritual growth (40%)
- Build connections within the congregation and with the community (25%)
- Other (10%
- Master of Divinity based in reformed Christian theology.
- Demonstrated love of God and the church, and a person of prayer.
- Committed to ongoing personal, spiritual, and professional growth.
- Ability to translate a vision and broad ideas into actionable steps and programs.
- Gifted, energetic, and inspirational leader and team-builder who can effectively recruit, train, develop, and support volunteer leaders.
- A patient and active listener with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to interact with people outside the church and to promote the mission and vision of the church.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with peers, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Discernment and ability to navigate conflicting points of view.
To learn more, read our full description here.
How To Apply
Please contact church office at: [email protected] or call 508.234.5268 to apply.