Associate Pastor of Worship
Purpose of Position
The Associate Pastor of Worship will be a man of exemplary Christian character who seeks to glorify God and edify the church through music and worship as a ministry of the Word. He is responsible for planning, developing, promoting, and guiding CNCC’s Corporate Worship Ministry, which includes leadership of the worship teams, sanctuary preparation for services, service logistics and audio/visual/technological needs of the church. He will work closely with the senior pastor in the weekly planning and preparation of our corporate worship service and the other Associate Pastors for additional discipleship and ministry responsibilities churchwide.
- Corporate Worship: Oversee and lead all musical worship ministry aspects at CNCC.
- Discipleship: Help the musicians in the church to grow in their faith and grow in their ability to glorify God and serve the church with their musical gifts.
- Shepherding: Work with the Senior Pastor and other Associate Pastors to provide pastoral care and leadership to the congregation, including but not limited to counseling, hospital visits, church wide events, home visits, preaching etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Concerning His Personal Walk/Gifts
- Meet the biblical requirements for a pastor (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with God through committed Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper priorities in the home and be a spiritual leader to his wife and family (if married).
- Provide sound biblical teaching with a deep knowledge of the Scriptures.
Concerning Leadership of the Corporate Worship Ministry
- Development, administration, and leadership of the worship ministry.
- Picking theologically rich and biblically sound songs for the congregation to sing.
- Planning, developing, promoting, and guiding CNCC’s worship ministry teams, which includes volunteer musicians and audio/visual support.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry.
- Keep the music and audio/visual equipment, e.g., sound board, microphones, church instruments, etc., inventoried and in always working order.
- Know how to use software programs such as ProPresenter to run lyrics, videos, and other elements of the service.
- Demonstrate willingness to make hospital visits, phone calls, house visits, and assist in the care of families in times of crisis.
- Assist with details of memorial/funeral services that involve logistics and leadership needs associated with worship/music.
- Prepare to assume any teaching responsibilities at CNCC when asked by the Senior Pastor.
Concerning General Responsibilities
- Work in coordination with the overall goals, objectives, and vision of CNCC.
- Attend staff meetings, monthly deacon/pastor meetings, and participate in the planning of church programs/events that will fulfill the mission of the church, including participation in various church functions, programs, and ministries as directed.
- Always be ready to perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Personal Qualities, Skills, and Education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a worship leadership and pastoral position at a local church.
- Ability to teach the Scriptures and lead the worship ministry with spiritual zeal and doctrinal integrity.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to accept and apply constructive criticism with humility and graciousness.
- Dependable and self-motivated.
- Formal theological education required; seminary degree preferred.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Work week to typically consist of 40 hours, to be divided among church and worship ministry related activities.
- Work hours may vary week to week depending upon ministry related functions.
How To Apply
Please email the following to [email protected]:
- Resume with Cover Letter
- Videos of yourself leading worship