Redeemer Lincoln Square (LSQ) Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Part-time position (20 hrs/week); must work Sundays and some evenings
Salary Range: $26/hr-$30/hr
Salary Range: $26/hr-$30/hr
Sunday Operations (7 hours/wk):
Prepare for each Sunday (3 hrs/week):
- Order necessary supplies for Sunday LSQ Kids ministry and other CM events.
- Print weekly curriculum, email curriculum out to staff and volunteers midweek, and make sure the curriculum is on hand for Sunday mornings.
- Design and print name tags for all staff and volunteers and maintain a tag storage system for high efficiency on Sunday mornings.
- Identify and implement best practice for LSQ Kids Sunday Service including identifying problems and providing workable solutions
Manage Sunday operations for LSQ Kids Ministry (4 hrs/week)
- Oversee LSQ Kids Sunday staff and orientation of volunteers upon arrival.
- Set up check-in desk/tech.
- Help set up YMCA classrooms with Sunday staff.
- Source volunteers and staff with appropriate curriculum, handouts and supplies.
- Greet families for check-in and dismissal.
- Troubleshoot operational issues when necessary, with assistance of the CM Director.
- Coordinate with LSQ Operations and LSQ Kids Sunday staff team for setup and teardown of Sunday LSQ Kids equipment, supplies and furniture.
- Complete the weekly Sunday debrief document. Use the debrief document to look for trends amongst volunteers, staff, and children’s attendance and supply usage to best anticipate the needs of the ministry.
Volunteer and Staff Management (3 hrs/week)
- Troubleshoot staff and volunteer issues with CM Director.
- Assist the Children’s Ministry Director in the hiring process of LSQ Kids Sunday staff, including reviewing applications, interviewing and vetting.
- Manage the Sunday staff schedule and communications.
- Recruit volunteers for Sundays and lead recruitment initiatives, including Connect Ads, flyers/informational cards, etc. in conjunction with the LSQ Communications Manager.
- Assist LSQ CM Director with the volunteer vetting process including answering volunteer inquiries, emailing application materials, running background checks, scheduling interviews, etc.
- Schedule and host volunteer interviews and bi-annual trainings.
- Confirm volunteers have reviewed updated policies and procedures.
- Manage the volunteer list on Touchpoint and master list, especially making sure Background Checks are up to date.
- Maintain and coordinate the volunteer spreadsheet schedule to ensure all LSQ Kids classes are properly staffed for Sundays.
- Manage Volunteer calendar/sub requests through TouchPoint, check email Fridays and Saturdays in the event there are volunteer cancellations and fill in vacant spots with appropriate subs.
Administrative Support (4 hrs/week)
- Oversee all aspects of the TouchPoint database to advance the goals of LSQ Kids through recordkeeping and to increase accuracy and efficiency of family information.
- Manage class rosters and update with Sunday guests/new families
- Create registrations for events
- Coordinate logistics and provide event planning support for all LSQ Kids and LSQ Family Ministry events, such as LSQ Family Night, family breakfasts, talent show, Communicants classes and parent seminars.
- Maintain and manage LSQ Dads and Moms Groups’ Rosters, updating and providing administrative support to those groups.
- Assist CM Director with communicant classes and infant baptisms by scheduling, providing logistical and administrative support, and sending personalized gifts.
- Assist CM Director in the planning and execution of VBS.
- Collaborate with CM Director to identify any additional needs and solutions for LSQ families.
Communications (2 hrs/week)
- Create LSQ Kids/Youth monthly newsletter, coordinating with the LSQ CM Director.
- Create drafts and write communication for any upcoming LSQ Kids events including but not limited to special Sunday events, Christmas events, VBS, etc.
- Assist CM director with communication to individual parents as needed.
- Work with LSQ CM Director and consult with the LSQ Communications and Generosity Manager to create and execute a communications plan for upcoming LSQ Kids events.
Miscellaneous (4 hrs/week)
- Attend LSQ Staff meetings on Monday mornings at the office and monthly Brainstorm meetings on Thursday mornings.
- Attend weekly 1:1 meetings with the CM Director.
- Attend monthly LSQ Kids Team meetings.
- Plan and execute LSQ Kids events/activities.
- Heart for God, the reformed faith, families and children.
- Need to understand and support the theology of the Presbyterian Church of America and be aligned with the core theological principles of LSQ, including its core ministry values.
- Must be a leader, having character qualities such as integrity, wisdom and discernment.
- Must be able to take initiative, have good problem-solving skills and be forward-thinking.
- Warm and engaging personality that is welcoming to parents and children.
- Children’s Ministry experience a plus.
- Must be a team player.
- High capacity for working on multiple projects and towards multiple goals at once.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with demanding and challenging people, adapt to changes and maintain professionalism during crisis or any unexpected situations.
- Experience in an administrative role. Ability to think proactively and anticipate and meet administrative needs.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Office applications and the Internet.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
How To Apply
Please apply using this application link: https://lsq.apscareerportal.com/j/01th2u5.