The Church of Living Grace of New Jersey (CLGNJ) in Parsippany, New Jersey, has an opening for a Chinese (Cantonese) Assistant Pastor.
As a part of the ministry staff, the assistant pastor is to serve under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, to assist in leading the church and shepherding the congregation into a growing, loving, and lordship relationship with Jesus Christ as stated in the Vision Statement of the Church. It is a full-time ministry position that requires total commitment and dedication.
Principal Job Description and Accountability
- Support the Senior Pastor to shepherd the church.
- Provide pastoral leadership to various ministries including but not limited to preaching, teaching, caring, and outreach, in the Cantonese congregation.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral related administrative works.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in ministry planning and execution.
- Assist in various projects as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary.
- Good relationship skills and team player.
- Prior ministry experience in North American Chinese church preferred.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English.