Theology: Non-denominational (Independent Christian Church)
Average Weekly Attendance: 140 between English and Spanish services
Neighborhood: Located in East Point, Georgia, serving the entire tri-cities community (East Point, College Park, Hapeville)
About Tri-Cities Church
In the fall of 2011, a small group of families started meeting in a home in Hapeville with the vision of starting a new church to participate in God’s work of bringing restoration, revitalization and hope to the Tri-Cities area. Tri-Cities Church began having monthly services in May of 2012 and officially launched January 20, 2013 in Hapeville Elementary. Shortly after launching, Tri-Cities Church moved into a 24/7 location in East Point which it later purchased in 2016. In 2022, Tri-Cities Church united with a Spanish-speaking congregation, further creating a church community that reflects the area. Since the beginning, Tri-Cities Church has been committed to being an authentic, generous, intentional, diverse, and grace-filled church family where people can build their faith, belong to family, and be the church to the Tri-Cities community.
The role: The Co-Lead Pastor (Teaching & Outreach) will be a Christ-centered leader who is a skilled preacher, passionate about discipleship, and desires to reach the wider Tri-Cities community. This person will be salaried and fulltime.
We are seeking a pastor that will join in shepherding the church community, pursuing the spiritual health and growth of the congregation, instilling a sense of engagement and ownership.
This pastor will demonstrate strong leadership skills by collaboratively working with the Co-Lead Pastor (Connections & Community), Elder Board, Church Staff, and Ministry Leaders to align mission, vision, and values.
Tri-Cities Church is a multi-ethnic community of two congregations and the future pastor must have a vision for maintaining and growing a diverse church.
The Co-Lead Pastor role will entail:
- Collaborating and serving with the Co-Lead Pastor (Connections & Community), Elder Board, Church Staff, and Ministry Leaders to cast vision and direction for Tri-Cities Church.
- Functioning as the main teaching pastor for the English-speaking service, who will preach between 3x-4x/month and will lead, guide, and develop the teaching team.
- Ensuring message alignment between the various ministries within Tri-Cities Church including teens, children, and Spanish ministries.
- Providing organization and administration for the church and ministry staff to ensure regular meeting cadence and collaboration on vision and goals.
- Fostering involvement within the greater Tri-Cities community by actively pursuing opportunities for the church to engage in community outreach.
What we are searching for:
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in biblical studies, a seminary degree, or significant ministry experience.
Five to ten years of experience as a Lead, Associate, or Campus Pastor.
Preferred qualifications and core competencies:
- Has a passion for reaching and serving the unchurched in the Tri-Cities area and beyond.
- Has demonstrated the ability to disciple others in an intimate, passionate relationship with God.
- Possess strong relational skills for building trusted relationships in both the church and community.
- Is inviting and engaging, with a chemistry that fits the culture of Tri-Cities Church.
- Exhibits excellent teaching/preaching skills that demonstrate a healthy balance between expository and topical approaches in alignment with the theology of Tri-Cities Church.
- Has experience and is gifted in teaching both believers and seekers.
- Has a clear testimony of a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a vibrant, growing relationship with Him.
- Is faithfully committed to personally follow and apply Biblical principles and possesses a high level of integrity.
- Is local to the Tri Cities area or willing to relocate.
How To Apply
Send résumé and link to recent sermon to: [email protected].