Community Pastor- Church of the Apostles, Dawsonville, GA
Church of the Apostles (COTA), is a non-denominational Christian Church located in Dawsonville, Ga (50 miles North of Atlanta, GA). The church was founded in 1993. There are currently 200 members (adults), with an average attendance weekly of approx. 175. For doctrine statement, and core values visit: www.cotachurch.com. Applicants should review COTA’s doctrine statement, core values, and meet the biblical requirements of a pastor (2 Tim. 3:1-8, Titus 1:5-9).
Purpose of Position
The Community Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the care and connection of the congregation from first time visit through full involvement and participation in Christian community. This includes leading the congregation in connecting with one another and building community through strong, healthy, and growing missional community groups and DNA groups, among other possible approaches. This includes development and execution of an annual growth plan, group leader identification and recruitment, missional community group curriculum development, and ongoing leadership and coaching of group leaders. This is a hands-on leadership role, discipling our MCG leaders and cultivating and encouraging a passion within the church to live as the body of Christ, together.
- Bring to the position a set of experiences that inform the strategy of building, growing and expanding an effective “home church” or “missional community group” strategy that has been successful in supporting the growth of a church from the 200-member range to the 500-member range.
- Lead a team in the development and growth of a strong missional community group ministry fostering spiritual growth, community, and outreach to our city.
- Function as overall leader of all MCGs, coaching MCG leaders in successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities, including addressing both spiritual leadership needs and more practical challenges related to geography, child care, etc.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of missional community group involvement.
- Develop and implement an effective methodology for maintaining communication between MCGs and the elders for the purpose of communicating needs of the body and opportunities for pastoral care.
- Function as second/back up speaker to the Senior Pastor with an “emergency sermon” always at the ready.
- Preach 4-10 times per year, depending on calling / candidate.
- Create or oversee promotional materials and methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the MCG ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Deacons, Missional community group leaders
Education and Experience
This successful candidate will serve as a key partner to the senior pastor and will be a highly visible leader within the church body. As a result, this position requires proven experience as a senior staff member in a leadership capacity of a growing church of 200 – 500 members. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. M.Div or similar graduate degree is preferred. The successful individual will be a self-starter, not requiring a great deal of supervision, with a solid work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as the ability to research and use a multitude of information gathering resources is a must.
The position is a full-time position, and compensation will be based on education, experience. The position includes mileage allowance, monthly health insurance stipend, housing allowance, and continuing education allowance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]