FPC is a historic congregation “growing younger.” The Director for Emerging Adults Ministry will help lead, coordinate, and oversee ministries in and through First Presbyterian Church connecting emerging young adults to Christ, the Church, and God’s work in the City.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Leading and training leaders.
- Ministry oversight and development.
- Strategic outreach.
- Working with the University director.
- Facilitating the connection for emerging adults with our FPC family.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and his church demonstrated in a deep understanding of the gospel, personal holiness, fruitfulness, and humility.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field and a firm understanding of the Bible and Reformed theology.
- Experience in leading people in a young adult ministry, either as a volunteer or on staff, preferably in a church setting.
- Hunger to reach emerging adults with vision and skill to empower and equip others to faithfully and fruitfully participate in the ministry, especially through a small group ministry model.
- Strong communication, relational, and organizational skills.
- Love for young adults with a commitment for their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a willingness to sacrificially help them connect with the Church, and a vision to reach students that do not know Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- A self-starter with gifts in leadership, teaching, disciple-making, and evangelism.
- A desire and proven ability to work collaboratively on a team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Model an authentic gospel centered lifestyle in your leadership, labor, and love.
- Develop, lead, and oversee outreach and discipleship activities for recent graduates, work with student leaders and interns in University ministry, and work with Pastor Mitchell and appropriate committee leaders to disciple and develop leaders of appropriate Gospel Community Groups.
- Work with your supervisor to equip leaders and volunteers for ministry through leadership development trainings while recruiting volunteers and supporters from the general FPC family.
- Active participation in stewardship and multiplication of Young Adult Communities in and through our FPC family including Sunday morning worship services, regular gatherings, local and global ministry partners, and leadership development training.
- Report to and empower the members of the Young Adult Communities Committee, equipping them to become leaders in various ministry areas to young adults.
- Plan and coordinate mission trip and local missional opportunities.
- Organize intentional fellowship opportunities with strategic connections to young adults, the church, and God’s work in the city.
- Assist in other ministry responsibilities such as worship leadership as directed by supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings.
- Attend monthly church officers’ dinner when available.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] to apply.