Faith Church Kingstowne (Alexandria, VA)
Director of Children and Youth
The Big Picture
Faith Church Kingstowne (faithepchurch.org) is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth.
The Church: Situated in Alexandria, Virginia, Faith Church Kingstowne forms a Christ-centered fellowship of devoted believers who embrace a profound love for God and one another. Our unwavering mission is to nurture lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ, realized through our five essential priorities that make up our Path of Discipleship; (1) Worshiping God Corporately and in Life, (2) Growing in Faith & Biblical Understanding, (3) Connecting in Life-Long Friendships, (4) Impacting our Church and Community Through Service & Evangelism, and (5) Developing our Next Generation Leaders. We are a congregation of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
Overview: The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will carry out the church’s vision of discipleship and evangelism, instilling a love of Christ in children and youth, from birth – 12th grade. This position plays a vital role as the primary leader of our youth ministry program and holds a secondary responsibility as the coordinator of our children’s ministry. This individual will lead ministry events as well as inspire growth in students’ knowledge of the Bible and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will work closely with the Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Committee.
Responsibilities and Expectations: The Director of Children and Youth Ministries responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to clearly teach the gospel to youth, children and their families from a reformed perspective.
- Plan & execute effective bi-weekly youth group meetings that consist of worship, Bible-based teachings, small group discussions, fun activities, etc. to engage youth.
- Coordinate Middle & High School Sunday School classes with an emphasis on core doctrine and apologetics.
- Must be able to attend mission trips and summer camp with youth.
- Manage the Children’s Christian Education Program, using The Gospel Project, for ages birth-fifth grade.
- Effectively execute outreach events or activities planned in coordination with CYF committee, and Faith Church.
- Understand current teen culture and technology.
- Utilize strong communication and collaboration skills between Lead Pastor, CYF committee, Session, Parents and Teens.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with youth at Faith Church Kingstowne.
- Use Planning Center and Pro Presenter to schedule, recruit volunteers, communicate, and develop long term plans.
- Demonstrate both short and long term vision planning based on our “Path of Discipleship.”
- Evidence of an active and deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to relational-ministry and disciple-making among our children and youth.
- Missions and outreach oriented, leading youth to minister and serve the local community and wider mission field.
- Concerned about the safety and protection of children and youth.
Qualifications/ Skill Sets:
- Able to connect with children and teens from diverse backgrounds with grace and truth.
- Coachable – open to new ideas and direction.
- Possesses effective organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in computer technology, digital and social media.
- A Commitment to Reformed Theology.
- Able to affirm the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) Essentials of Faith.
- Passion for the gospel.
- Advanced Bible Training Preferred.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Faith Church Kingstowne?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Director of Children at Faith Community Kingstowne?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Faith Church Kingstowne and the Evangelical Presbyterian Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message/talk to [email protected].