The Church of the Holy Comforter, a medium sized (ASA 125+) Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Sumter, SC, is seeking a full-time, salaried Director of Family Ministry to help the church live into her vision of passing on our living and changeless faith to the next generation. This position has a specific ministry focus of newborns through 12th grade and includes the Nursery, Acolyte Ministry, Sunday School, Youth Group, and Missional Outreach. This position has a strong discipleship and apologetic component, involving the mentoring and equipping of parents and volunteers to nurture our young people into an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our
ultimate vision is that our young people will not merely maintain their faith in college, but
courageously and confidently proclaim their faith in word and deed as witnesses of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a Director who is:
- A Gospel-centered Christian who is passionate about leading the church in her mission to partner with parents as they raise their children in the knowledge and love of the Lord and integrate these children into the life of the church as a whole.
- A faithful disciple of Christ whose ministry flows out of healthy rhythms of worship, personal prayer, scripture-reading, accountable community, and service to others.
- A gifted communicator, able to articulate the Gospel with clarity and grace both to youth and their parents.
- A role model with a heart for servant leadership and a proven ability to replicate themselves.
- A self-starter, requiring little management or oversight.
- An effective recruiter able to craft a vision that inspires volunteers.
- A lifelong learner with an eagerness for further training, coaching, and mentoring in pursuit of personal growth and maturity in Christ. They do not need to be a confirmed Anglican but must be committed to upholding our theological tradition.
- A prudent steward able to develop and monitor a budget for the ministry.
- A reconciler with the character, confidence, and humility to resolve interpersonal conflict in a biblical fashion.
- A spiritual warrior willing and able to put on the full armor of God and fight the good fight of faith for the sake of those they love and serve.
The Director of Family Ministry reports directly to the Rector and supports him by overseeing six key areas of ministry that currently includes:
- Student Leadership in Worship
- Sunday School
- Midweek Ministries
- Annual Events
A full description can be found here.
How To Apply
Application for this Position:
Please submit the following to [email protected]:
- A resume.
- Three references including your current or previous employer.
- A 500-word document describing your theology of ministry to children.
After a review of your resume we will contact you directly for next steps. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2023