Director of Music/Worship Leader
First Baptist Church, Methuen, MA
Schedule: Sundays 9 AM-12 PM, Thursdays 6 PM-8 PM, flexible for additional hours as needed. Vacation days will be coordinated with the Pastor.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in music. Good ability and proficiency in playing an organ, piano, and keyboard
- Experience: 5 years experience. The ability to read music (preferred)
- Attributes: The director of music/worship leader must have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and be striving to grow in that relationship. He/she must have a heart for personal and corporate worship of God, a yearning to reach the lost, a passion to involve and equip people for ministry, a willingness to work with a team concept, and an understanding of the theology of worship.
- Ministry Skills: The director of music/worship leader will be a strong leader possessing a passion for traditional and contemporary worship, a vision for musical excellence, the ability to lead instrumentalists and vocalists, basic skills for playing the piano, keyboard, and the ability to lead congregational singing.
Accountability: The director of music/worship leader will be under the direction of the Pastor. He/she will meet regularly with the Pastor for planning, brainstorming, reporting, and evaluation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instrumental music for designated Sunday worship services and any other worship service in and outside the Church as requested by the Pastor or designee
- Provide instrumental music for funerals and weddings as requested by the Pastor or designee
- Conduct rehearsal with associated choir at least once per week
- Recruit, lead, and train the adult choir or other ensemble
- Develop key music ministries within the congregation and supervise the organization and direction of such individual groups:
- Vocal/Instrumental Soloists
- Vocal/Instrumental Ensembles
- Attend meetings as requested by the Pastor or his designee
- Assist with maintenance of music library and musical instruments
- Connect with other key ministries that serve at worship services, both internal and external ministries
- Forward all musical selections to the Church secretary in a timely manner for printing in the bulletin prior to the worship service
- Arrange for a suitable substitute in the event of absence
- Carry out any additional ad-hoc duties relevant to the church musician/ministry of music role that is not specified above
How To Apply
Please email your resume and contact information to [email protected].