Vision New England (VNE) is a 1000+ ministry network that helps the Church make disciples, do justice and foster unity to share Jesus. When we do these things it’s evangelistic (Matt. 28:19, Matt.5:16, John 17:21), and it transforms lives and New England!
Vision New England is hiring a full-time Director of Operations, reporting to the president and responsible for managing all aspects of operations, communications and finance.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is energized by getting things done, focuses on the details, quality and improving efficiency, thinks critically, communicates clearly, understands the basics of accounting and financial controls, can manage contractors and “rolls up their sleeves” depending on the task … and wants to be a leader in a ministry having a Kingdom impact in New England!
This full-time position is responsible for:
- Operations – Ensuring the ministry is run effectively and efficiently encompassing areas like Board Meetings, vendor management, grant reporting, continuous improvement, insurance, operating calendars, and metrics reporting.
- Communications – Telling the stories of what God is doing to the Church in New England, including strategy, managing content and contract workers for graphics design, video and audio production, website, social media, etc.
- Finance – Managing our accountant, bookkeeper and financial clerk, to ensure a solid financial footing, transparent reporting, well controlled processes, a clean audit.
Required Qualifications, Gifts, Strengths
- 10+ years of marketplace experience in operations or finance, or related experience.
- Understands balance sheets, income statements, effective controls and budget preparation.
- A track record of getting things done on time, with quality, and continuous improvement.
- Organized, detail oriented, clear and efficient communicator, works well with colleagues.
- Calling to join VNE to help the Church make disciples, do justice and foster unity, to share Jesus.
- Affirms VNE’s faith positions since all employees minister to believers and skeptics in their work, so must be able to advance our mission by reflecting the love of Jesus, responding to prompts of the Holy Spirit, and regularly engaging God through the Christian spiritual practices to become more like Jesus, both individually and in our meetings and events.
- Experience with DonorPerfect and Tithe.ly a plus.
How To Apply
This job is located at your home office in New England, during normal business, requiring candidates to have a location to work that supports a professional environment.
Interested parties should send their resume and salary requirements to [email protected].