Director of Programs
Bridges of Hope is hiring a Director of Programs to oversee all aspects of the mentoring program and I Heart New Haven Day and to assist the Executive Director in relating to churches and community organizations, as well as assisting the Executive Director in a wide number of responsibilities including (but not limited to) organizational planning, fundraising and overseeing the various activities of Bridges of Hope.
Bridges of Hope is a collaborative of New Haven area churches whose mission is to mobilize ministry and to transform the City of New Haven for the glory of God and the common good of its people. We will do this via a radical and sustainable partnership of Christ-centered churches, word-and-deed ministries, and private foundations, cooperating with individuals and institutions of all faiths and none for the common good when consistent with Christ’s values. As an organization, Bridges of Hope is also committed to the work of racial reconciliation in and through participating churches and Bridges of Hope ministries.
Bridges of Hope currently runs a mentoring program in partnership with the New Haven Housing Authority and is seeking to expand. Each year, the organization hosts I Heart New Haven Day, a city-wide community service initiative that mobilizes volunteers from numerous churches to serve together on a variety of community service projects. Bridges of Hope’s vision is to grow and expand to include multiple outreaches and ministries that will meet the major needs of people within the City of New Haven.
This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the mentoring program and the planning and execution of the I Heart New Haven Day event, networking with current Bridge of Hope churches and community partners, as well as working on a variety of administrative tasks and duties and will work in conjunction with the Executive Director. These tasks may include church-wide communication (in person announcements, emails, newsletters, etc.), participating in board meetings, and working alongside the Executive Director to offer support around implementation of systems and protocols, seeking out potential funding sources, etc.
The ideal candidate would possess the following characteristics:
- A mature Christian leader who has the recommendation of their pastor for this position.
- A servant’s heart to play a major role in the ministry.
- A passion for uniting the local church to serve New Haven together.
- Be a self starter, highly motivated, work independently and have a passion for connecting people and organizations to one another and to the work of Bridges of Hope.
- Experience working with urban youth.
- Strong oral and written communication skills especially in being able to craft professional emails and phone calls.
- Event planning & execution experience.
- Efficient and organized work ethic.
- A collaborative spirit to work with other staff and volunteers, and ability to manage relevant individuals in volunteer or staff roles (such as I Heart Day assistants and mentors).
Location: New Haven, CT
Estimated Hourly Commitment: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $40,000 per year with opportunity to increase through personal fundraising; 4 weeks paid vacation.
How To Apply
Interested individuals should email the following to [email protected].
- Cover Letter
- Pastor Recommendation Letter
- Names and contact information (email & phone numbers) of two additional character references (not family members)