Director of Student Ministry
Meet Calvary Community Church:
We are a God-centered, Christ-preaching church serving Jesus in Jefferson County, WA.
The primary reason we meet together at Calvary Community Church is to focus our attention on God through worship. Our hope is to make disciples for Jesus Christ by boldly teaching God’s truths from the Bible, His written Word. We love to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We live to worship him. We exist to worship him. It is our joy to worship Him.
About the Director of Student Ministry:
The primary purpose of this position is to equip students for life change through outreach and discipleship, teach scripture, promote worship, and encourage community within the body of Christ at Calvary Community Church. This will be accomplished through the development and strengthening of leadership teams in Middle and High School. Our goal is to raise up disciples who stand firm in Christ and will effectively be able to disciple others. We are seeking an individual who will be able to work with existing volunteer leadership to accomplish this goal.
Our Middle School program focuses on discipleship and outreach. Weekly youth group night consists of group games, music worship, and Bible study. Additional discipleship for core students.
We would like our High School program to be more in-depth and spiritually mature than Middle School and focus predominantly on discipleship. This is accomplished through weekly youth group nights consisting of small groups with occasional larger group activities and events.
The Director of Student Ministry’s Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and develop new leaders, discipling them and preparing them for ministry.
- Assist these ministry teams in planning and implementation of regular meetings, activities, and retreats.
- Oversee a ministry foundation built upon the teaching of God’s Word and relevant worship.
- Keep regular prayer for and with students and team leaders.
- Equip students for ministry and missions in accordance with their calling and gifting.
- Keep and report regular communication with the Senior Pastor on the progress of the ministry.
- Regularly communicate and report with overseeing elder for planning, reporting, and strategizing.
- Personal discipleship with students and team leaders.
- Maintain regular attendance at weekly meetings.
- Pursue effective communication with parents.
- Provide high visibility in student activities, i.e. school functions and sports events.
- Administer the youth ministry budget.
- Keep regular, posted office hours.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor or overseeing Elder.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Director of Student Ministries:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience working with students in a ministry setting.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Passion for students.
- A calling by God to student ministry.
- Experience working with adult volunteers and parents of students.
- Track record of developing leaders and discipling students.
- Demonstrated commitment to a personal growing relationship with Jesus.