Grace Church San Diego (San Diego, CA) – Director of Worship Arts
The Big Picture
Grace Church San Diego (gracesd.com) is seeking a Director of Worship Arts.
The Director of Worship Arts of Grace Church will be responsible for capturing all the tasks and details of the Worship Teams, organizing them in a system and tracking their progress. Projects include, scheduling rehearsals, prepping band for future songs, serving in leadership of Grace set-up and tear-down, and serving as the primary worship leader for Sunday gatherings. This also includes leading worship/prayer nights.
The position will call for excellent organization, time management, and communication skills, as well as management skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing. The Worship Arts Intern will be developed and equipped as a leader and minister of the Gospel, through hands-on application, teaching and discipleship.
- Fulfill the duties required of Grace Church members as outline in covenant
- Fulfill the duties of a deacon as taught in Scripture
- Discretion, perseverance, patience, creativity, and sense of humor
- Proactive, confident leadership, a self-starter
- Ability to point out problems and propose solutions
- Ability to self manage and drive projects once direction’s been given
- Competency in leading worship vocally and/or with an instrument
- Flexibility: Should enjoy and anticipate rapid change of environment/pace
- Must feel a calling into full time ministry
- Must have completed college
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take Gathering tasks and develop/implement project management system
- Track tasks and provide regular status updates to team
- Help plan music sets, programming elements and order of events for worship services
- Ensure excellent process of preparing music for rehearsals and Sunday services
- Learn organization work flow of the Gathering Team and begin leading the process
- Conduct follow up and connection with band and members of audio team
- Develop others into Worship Leadership skills Sunday Service
- Meet weekly with Grace Pastor in development and progress updates
- Research and Explore new songs and new worship methods
- Assist in creating a culture of worship and prayer and transcendence in the church
- Cultivate the art of songwriting and creativity in worship music
- Grow in three areas of worship leadership: social, musical, spiritual (leadership)
TIMING AND PAY:
Sunday July 3rd is the desired start date, but we could hire as early as mid June. We would provide a relocation package if employee is moving to San Diego from out of town. This is a full time role with all medical and dental insurance provided and a pay range between $62-67k.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Director of Worship Arts at Grace Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Director of Worship Arts at Grace Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Grace Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link of you leading worship to [email protected].