English Associate Pastor – Youth Emphasis
The Chinese Independent Baptist Church of Oakland (CIBC) is a multi-generational, family-oriented church that has a rich, long history of active ministries within its local community. CIBC conducts distinct worship services and ministries in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, and is known for its steadfast commitment to God’s Word and solid Biblical teaching.
Currently, CIBC is seeking a pastor to minister primarily to the English youth and to oversee various youth ministries. As such, we are seeking a pastor who meets the following criteria:
Pastoral Staff Requirements:
- Committed to the inerrancy and authority of the Bible.
- Will adhere to the statement of faith and positions held by CIBC.
- Exemplifies Christian characteristics and traits set forth in I Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:7-9, I Peter 5:1-4.
- Understands and is experienced working within an Asian culture.
- Is a seminary graduate (M. Div. or equivalent).
Youth Pastor Skills and Qualifications:
- Has pastoral experience as a youth pastor (middle & high school) or youth pastor intern.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both youth and parents.
- Understands current culture and trends impacting youth and their families.
- Ability to teach, preach, and disciple.
- Excellent organization and supervision skills.
Youth Pastor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee youth worship services.
- Oversee youth Sunday School.
- Oversee youth fellowship meetings.
- Preach in the adult service as needed.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd ministry volunteers (both students and adults).
- Provide outreach and ministry service opportunities for the youth.
- Develop ministry strategies and vision casting for youth ministries.
- Coordinate administrative needs with the church leadership.
How To Apply
Additional qualifications and responsibilities as well as our church profile which contains pertinent information regarding church demographics, locale, and various programs and events can be obtained using the email below.
All inquiries are welcome. Should you feel led by the Lord to respond to our needs, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume.
- Cover letter – why you are interested in this position.
- Philosophy of ministry.