Position Title: Pastor, English Ministry
Employer: Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church
Position: Full Time
Contact Person: Andrew Yeow/David Lai , Chair/Co-Chair, MCBC Pastoral Search Committee
Email : [email protected]
5220 Creekbank Road
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Mission: Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) exists to participate in God’s movement of making disciples of all peoples.
Vision: MCBC strives to Multiply, Connect, Build, and Care for all people to know the life transforming power of Christ and to make Christ known.
MCBC is a dynamic multigenerational church located in northeast Mississauga consisting of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations. We are seeking two (2) Pastors to join and lead our English Ministry. The successful candidates:
- Is one called to Pastoral Ministry and meets the Biblical expectations of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Is committed to maintaining a closeness with God through faithful prayer and study of God’s word to spiritually lead MCBC’s English Ministry.
- Exhibits a contagious passion for God and has a Christ-like Spirit.
- Is deeply rooted in God’s word to preach, teach and disciple MCBC members in accordance to the Bible.
- Has strong communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Is passionate about engaging and establishing relationships with members of the congregation with a loving heart and desire to provide pastoral care and effectively respond to the needs of our English congregation.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of pastoring experience.
The preferred candidate will have graduated from an evangelical seminary in good standing with a Master of Divinity (or higher) degree. The candidate should be in agreement with generally held Baptist beliefs, be interested in a cross-cultural working environment, and preferably will have full time pastoral experience in North America. Previous work and life experience that enriches the candidate’s effectiveness in the English Ministry is a welcome addition to the candidate’s pastoral experience and formal education. The candidate must have a strong understanding of North American culture and English is their native/first language.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Preaching and teaching in coordination with others for discipleship and ministry training.
- Working cooperatively with all Pastors to promote unity and ensure the success of all MCBC congregations in participating in God’s movement.
- Leading specific ministries as assigned; developing strategies and executing on plans to develop discipleship programs through small group ministries and fellowships.
- Providing pastoral care to the English congregation.
- Providing spiritual leadership and guidance to the English congregation.
- Building up the spiritual lives of believers through discipleship, teaching, mentorship, visitation and counseling.
- Welcoming new Christ followers.
Nice to have (but not mandatory):
- Verbal and written communication knowledge in Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
How To Apply
Interested candidates please apply here.