Position Type: Full time Senior Pastor
Who we are:
Grace Community Church of Troy, PA was founded in 2013 in rural Bradford County. We are an elder led, non-denominational church that holds to the 1853 New Hampshire Confession of Faith (modified version; a reformed Baptist confession). Our mission as a church is to reach the lost with the gospel, equip the saints for gospel ministry, and ready the bride of Christ for His return.
We are a congregation, around 100 people, that is largely made up of young families and middle-aged adults who are all growing together in the faith. We currently meet for Sunday service in a rented building as we are eagerly waiting for God to provide a permanent building in His timing. Our small groups and various prayer meetings are hosted in different homes throughout the year. Sunday morning gatherings are saturated in prayer, scripture, and the gospel of Christ. We sing a mix of hymns and contemporary music (faithful and Christ-centered) and our preaching is expository.
Position Qualifications: Candidates must have:
- A devoted and ever-growing love for Christ.
- A love for His gospel, His word, and His people.
- A steadfast devotion to study, prayer, and the preaching/teaching of the word.
- Been called and gifted by God to humbly serve His people in the office of pastor (through leadership, evangelism, preaching, teaching, visitation congregants, etc.)
- A resolute commitment to leading and serving in partnership with other installed elders, expository preaching, and declaring the whole counsel of God.
- A minimum of 5 years pastoral ministry experience.
- Meet and uphold the biblical qualifications of elders (1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
- Affirm and subscribe to Grace Community Church’s full Confession of faith.
- Affirm the 5 Solas of the reformation and the doctrines of grace.
Candidates should have:
- Preferably an MDiv or equivalent degree.
Compensation: $70,000 Package (includes weekly salary, health care allowance, housing allowance, 2 weeks of vacation, and 6 additional Sundays off).
How To Apply
Send resumes to elder Devon Weed at [email protected]. Include 3 letters of
recommendation (1 pastoral, 2 personal from a non-family member) and a 1-3 page essay
describing who you are, your testimony, your walk with Christ, your theological convictions,
and why you think you may be a good fit for the pastoral position at Grace Community
For more information about GCC please visit our website: gccoftroy.com or visit
our Facebook page.