The First Church of Evans is seeking to fill the position of Interim Pastor. This will be a part-time, temporary position until the position of permanent pastor is filled. The First Church of Evans is a non-denominational and congregationally governed community church of 60-65 average attendance founded over 200 years ago and is located in a small town setting in Derby, NY, approximately 25 miles south of Buffalo, NY on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie.
The duties of the Interim Pastor will include:
- Coordinating with the church secretary to prepare a weekly bulletin.
- Completing an Order of Worship for Sunday Service.
- Preaching the weekly Sermon on Sunday mornings.
- Administering the Sacraments of Communion and Baptism.
- Able to perform weddings and funerals.
Ministerial Status and Qualifications
- A degree from a Seminary or Bible College.
- Ordained and/or Licensed Minister.
- Would prefer at least 3-5 years ministry experience as a Lead or Senior Pastor.
How To Apply
If interested in this position, please submit the following:
- Cover letter including a little bit about you and why you think God is calling you to apply for this ministry
- Current resume (including email address and contact telephone numbers).
- Personal Statement of Faith.
- Personal and/or professional (minister/pastor) letters of reference.
Information may be submitted to:
The First Church of Evans
PO Box 364
Derby, NY 14047
Attn: Thomas Shapter, Search Committee Chairman
Submit documents in PDF format only to: [email protected]