Fellowship Memphis (Memphis, TN) – Lead Pastor
The Big Picture
Fellowship Memphis (fellowshipmemphis.org) is seeking a visionary Lead Pastor who will lead the church in fulfilling our mission of being a gospel-centered, discipleship-making, multi-ethnic church through prayer, casting vision, preaching and shepherding.
Founded in 2003, Fellowship Memphis had a bold dream to see God build a Gospel-Centered, Disciple-Making, Multi-Ethnic church with a deep love for the city of Memphis and a heart for the nations. Today, we see that dream become a reality, evidenced by having a strong reputation for being racially, socio-economically, and generationally diverse. We are an elder-led, Bible-based fellowship of believers.
- The Lead Pastor is responsible for leading the church in fulfilling our mission of being a gospel-centered, discipleship-making, multi-ethnic church through prayer, casting vision, and shepherding.
- The Lead Pastor is a visionary leader who can work collaboratively with the elder board and executive team to set a trajectory for this next season of ministry and then lead the team to accomplish it.
- He will provide oversight, direction and development to the staff team and partner with the executive team to collaboratively execute the mission of Fellowship Memphis.
- He should see himself as the pioneer and keeper of the church’s unique ministry culture. It is his job to both set the standard and hold others to it.
- He understands an organization will often take on the qualities of its leader so his greatest concern is that he would truly embody all that he seeks the church to be.
- He will be the primary communicator and directional leader in preaching, teaching and shepherding but must also have a demonstrated commitment to a team-teaching model where multiple staff and/or elder “voices” are regularly heard from the pulpit.
- He will oversee all aspects of the Sunday corporate worship experience including but not limited to the scriptural teaching direction, teaching calendar, campus pastor(s) and worship team.
- He will oversee the shepherding of the staff and own the responsibility to provide spiritual care by resourcing staff and leaders who are regularly caring for others.
- He will serve on the teaching team and lead collaboratively with the executive team to ensure all teaching is scripturally accurate and therefore gospel centered.
- He will meet the conditions of eldership found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and should see himself as the “ministry leader,” of the elder team, whereby he gives guidance to the elders’ leadership efforts and the elders provide critical counsel, shepherding and accountability along the way.
Character of the candidate
- The candidate should have a Gospel view of life and in ministry
- The candidate should have a strong shepherd’s calling and be able to communicate effectively
- The candidate should desire to work in a multi-ethnic setting
- The candidate should desire to lead and teach in a team-based church
Desirable experiences but not a prerequisite
- Leading organizational transformations
- Overall leadership of the church, staff and volunteers in achieving ministry objectives
- Communicating to large and small audiences alike
- Leading and serving in a multi-layered environment
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Lead Pastor at Fellowship Memphis?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Lead Pastor of Fellowship Memphis?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Fellowship Memphis?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].