Marshall EFree Church (Marshall, MN) Lead Pastor
The Big Picture
Marshal EFree Church (marshallefc.org) (200) is seeking a Lead Pastor to lead the church and church staff. Our passion is to see lives changed by God through the ministry of our church. We are looking for a man whose teaching will bring the word of God to life. We also seek someone who can help us grow a strong church culture that reflects our core values and puts them into action.
Day-to-day leadership is provided by a church board consisting of our Pastors, elders, deacons, and deaconesses. Our board has set our vision, mission, values, and priorities and is responsible for implementing and measuring our programs and ministries against them.
Our staff consists of two full-time pastors— Lead Pastor and Student Ministries Pastor, as well as two part-time directors—Worship Director and Children’s Ministry Director, and an Administrative Assistant.
Our facility is located on the outskirts of Marshall. The latest expansion saw a major update to the outside of the building to give it a more modern look, as well as a new coffee and snack area, a welcome center, and an expanded fellowship area. The expansion also involved the addition of a children’s rec room and expanded classroom space. Our large backyard supports our many youth activities and is equipped with lights for nighttime events.
Marshall is a city of about 13,000 people but nearly doubles during the day as it serves as a hub for area employment and services. Marshall supports the region’s workforce, employment base, healthcare, education, retail, and hospitality needs. Home to Southwest Minnesota State University, college life, athletics, and theater bring energy to our community. Our active ministries on campus engage with students through CRU and FCA which are the school’s largest student organizations. Many SMSU students call EFree their church home.
We are looking for a leader with the knowledge, experience, and gifts to:
- Reach hearts through effective communication about how God’s truths apply to life, with preaching based on strong biblical context.
- Activate our people to participate in the mission of the church.
- Guide our ministries to encourage personal transformation, spiritual growth, and Christ-likeness.
- Develop staff and guide leadership toward continued growth, capability, and effectiveness for serving.
- Lead the church into engagement with the communities around us, and encourage local outreach.
Desired Personal Traits
- Spirit-led leadership qualities.
- Relational and networking skills.
- Sense of passion and vision.
- People development skills.
- Ability to identify and deal with issues objectively and in a timely manner.
- 5 years of experience in a pastoral leadership position.
- Demonstrated competence in preaching.
- A Master of Divinity from a respected evangelical educational institution preferred.
- Ordination in the Evangelical Free Church of America within 3 years (as a condition of employment).
- A family man in a stable and loving marriage preferred.
- Meets biblical standards for personal character and moral integrity.
The Compensation: Salary – $60k-$75k, Retirement – 10% of annual salary, Health insurance- 80% of cost, Disability insurance, Life Insurance – 1x annual salary, Vacation – 3 weeks. 1 day added per year up to 4 weeks, Relocation package, Sabbatical policy in place.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Lead Pastor at MEFC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Lead Pastor of MECF?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of MECF?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].