We seek a Lead Pastor and Head of Staff that has the talents and skills outlined below:
- Must hold their ordination in ECO or have been received as an affiliate pastor by the
presbytery of jurisdiction.
- Professed faith in Jesus Christ.
- Ability to lead an unsaved person to Christ.
- Spiritual maturity with strong ability to articulate Biblical theology, and translate this theology into meaningful practice.
- Ability to analyze, define problems, establish facts, and draw wise conclusions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written English.
- Ability to lead Church and Session in defining Mission, Vision & Values, and how that becomes Strategic Plan and effective implementation of plans and goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all generations publicly and privately, ability to thoughtfully respond to common and difficult inquiries and complaints from Staff and congregation.
- Ability to advance the abilities of individuals and the organization though active listening supported with meaningful oral and written presentation of information.
- Demonstrate a comfortable ease when speaking in a variety of settings (both large and small groups); effective in addressing a variety of topics; can get message across
with desired effect.
- Ability to effectively organize personal work and collaborate with Ministry Teams, consisting of Staff and volunteers.
- Ability to adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, unexpected obstacles, or ambiguity; remain open to new ideas and approaches; and work concurrently on related and conflicting priorities without losing focus or attention.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, a reliable and insured vehicle with which from time to time, can transport people to and from off campus locations for ministry purposes.
- Computer hardware and software proficiency, including MS Office.
- Some experience with database programs, including data entry and reports.
- Minimum experience of 4-8 years as an Associate Pastor, 2-3 years as Lead Pastor
(preferred), 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum education: Seminary graduate with Master of Divinity degree.
The compensation and benefit package is competitive with similar ECO positions and commensurate with experience.
Minimum: $8,154/month Mid: $10,515/month Max: $12,875/month
Please find the link HERE to our complete Job Description and how to apply.
How To Apply
How to apply can be found on page 15 of our Job Posting.
If you feel called to partake in the next season of ministry at Good Shepherd
Presbyterian Church, please submit the following items to our Pastoral Nominating
Committee at [email protected]. We will also be engaging with ProScan. Please
provide your ProScan results if you have taken that assessment.
- Introduction Letter: Please provide an introduction letter that highlights your experience and strengths and why you feel called to ministry to Good Shepherd.
- Resume: Please provide your complete resume along with your Statement of Faith & faith journey.
- Video & Examples: Please provide 3-5 links to sermons in video format within the last 3 years. Please also provide any study guides you have created to coincide with those sermons.