Job Description: Community Presbyterian Church (CPC), Vacaville
Job Title: Senior Pastor/ Head of Staff
Job Purpose: To honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ, to serve as the on-site administrator of the Church staff; and to lead the congregation in fulfilling their mission.
- Ensure development and oversight of programs intended to make more disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Plan, shape, and coordinate the worship services for the church, including special services, with the Worship Team.
- Prepare and deliver weekly sermons or arrange for suitable alternates to do so.
- Effectively communicate the meaning of committed faith to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Implement the vision of the church as communicated by Session.
- Equip the congregation to fulfill the work and mission of the church.
- Adhere to the church’s “Guiding Principle’s” document created and approved by Session including oversee and administer the church’s budget.
- Provide support while holding staff accountable for measurable goals consistent with the church’s vision.
- Approve and conduct special events such as weddings, memorial services, and baptisms.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Director of Children’s and Family Ministry, Care Team Leader, Worship Leader, and office/school administrative staff.
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people.
- Supervise staff and daily church operations.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be empathetic and provide grief and spiritual counsel as appropriate.
- Evaluate subordinates at least annually.
- Be available to meet with congregants or to redirect as appropriate.
- Moderate session and congregational meetings.
- Adhere to ECO Essential Tenets.
- A master’s degree from an accredited theological seminary in biblical or theological studies, or completion of Commissioned Lay Pastor 2 training.
- Eligible and willing to be ordained in ECO or be received as an affiliate pastor by the local presbytery.
- Two or more years of experience in a church leadership position.
- Relevant experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
Reports to: The Session.
Employee Classification: Regular-Full Time Approximately 40 hours per week
CPC ADMIN & PERSONNEL CHAIR DATE
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE
How To Apply
We appreciate your interest in our Senior Pastor/Head of Staff position. Applicants are asked to provide:
Letter of introduction highlighting relevant experience and strengths Resume and Statement of Faith
Link to sermons in video or audio format
Please email to: [email protected] (PDF format preferred).