Boston Chinese Evangelical Church
Mandarin Minister – Newton Campus
Our Church: The Boston Chinese Evangelical Church (BCEC) is an established non-Denominational Evangelical church located in Boston Chinatown, with an additional campus located at 218 Walnut Street, Newton Massachusetts. We are a multi-generational, multi-lingual Chinese heritage church, which currently comprises of 7 congregations (two English, two Mandarin, and three Cantonese).
The Position: BCEC is seeking a full-time Mandarin Minister or ordained pastor to join our pastoral team at our Newton campus location. Currently, the Mandarin congregation at Newton campus has about 50 people. Besides the Mandarin congregation, there is an English congregation and a Cantonese congregation at Newton Campus. This position will lead the Mandarin congregation at the Newton campus under the supervision of the Lead Chinese Pastor.
Primary Ministry Responsibilities:
- Provide pastoral leadership for the Newton Mandarin congregation.
- Plan and conduct worship services.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver expository sermons and biblical teachings.
- Provide pastoral care (e.g., visitations and counseling) for congregation members.
- Work collaboratively with BCEC Newton pastoral team to strategize, develop, and execute plans/programs around areas of worship, Christian education, discipleship training, outreach/evangelism and caring ministries.
- Develop lay leaders and volunteers to support various ministries and programs.
- Collaborate with BCEC pastoral staff to develop overall BCEC church ministry.
- Establish and manage Newton Mandarin congregation budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience leading a 50 to 100 persons congregation (i.e., includes leading lay leaders and volunteers; providing counseling; and preaching/teaching the Word of God effectively).
- Proven experience with ministry program planning; ability to manage programs working with lay leaders and volunteers.
- Solid communication skills: Must be fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with congregation members, BCEC staff and guests.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and multi-generational setting effectively.
- Solid team player and leader committed to building and maintaining a strong team environment.
- Ability to adapt and use technology, including virtual collaboration and media tools.
- Mature believer in Christ, meeting the biblical standards for pastors set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
- Agrees to adhere to the BCEC Constitution, Statement of faith, mission, vision and values of BCEC.
- Education: Masters of Divinity (preferred) or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Benefits: Benefits include Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life and Disability insurance, 403B, Paid Time Off and Flexible Spending Account.
How To Apply
Response: Please submit a cover letter of interest and your resume/CV by mail or email to: Personnel Deacon (email: [email protected]; mailing address: Boston Chinese Evangelical Church, 120 Shawmut Ave., Boston, MA 02118)
References: Please include the names of two references with your application. Upon review of your resume, we will request a submission of two letters of reference.
For Further Information: Visit our website at www.bcec.net.