First Presbyterian Church of Kings Mountain is seeking a Music Director to lead the music ministry. This will include working with the Session, Pastor, Personnel Committee, and Worship/Music Committee to continue our well-rounded musical programs at our church.
Who We Are:
First Presbyterian Church of Kings Mountain has been in existence since 1884. Our church is a loving, caring, and tight-knit family. We are strong in missions with a high level of accountability and integrity. Located in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, we are a congregation that works diligently to build a flourishing church that makes disciples as we glorify God, grow spiritually and go faithfully in the world to serve God. Our mission is to strive to give honor and glory to God in all things. It is the mission of First Presbyterian Church to grow in the grace and love of Jesus Christ, as we strive to lead others to become disciples of Christ and share the good news of the gospel through words and actions. We consider our strengths to be our history and traditional Christian values, strong leadership, community involvement, our commitment to congregational care, and our willingness to grow various programs. We are blessed with a congregation that is full of hard-working and dedicated people. We are committed to having a flourishing church.
- Direct the adult choir, choir rehearsals, children’s choir, Wednesday music program, and other programs.
- Plan the music for the worship service in consultation with the Pastor to synchronize the Scripture, prelude, hymns, anthem, postlude, and other music as required.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with church staff to provide information for the bulletin and any other communications (social media, newsletters, etc.).
- Meet with the adult choir on Wednesday evenings for a minimum of an hour to practice future pieces (hymns, anthems, preludes, postludes, special music).
- Rehearse sufficiently for optimum performance.
- Arrange for a substitute when not able to be present.
- Accompany the choir’s singing of music during special times of worship such as Tenebrae, Christmas Eve Candlelight, and provide extra practices if necessary.
- Encourage church member participation in our music program by recruiting and organizing volunteers, which may include instrumentalists, vocalists, and choir members.
- Participate in community outreach via performances at other organizations as appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate music and be available when asked for special events, which may include weddings, funerals (extra fee paid).
- Ensure proper maintenance of musical instruments, manage relationships with service providers like piano tuners and technicians, and keep all relevant spaces orderly and tidy.
- Collaborate with the Worship and Music Committee to continue the growth in our music programs.
- Manage expenses to the approved budget.
- Monitor copyright restrictions and ensure appropriate licensing is maintained.
- Easter Services
- Christmas Services
- Christmas Cantata
- Children’s Christmas Program
- WINGS (Children’s weekly program on Wednesday’s)
- Instrumental skills (piano, organ and handbells desired but not required).
- Leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent education/experience.
- Must be enthusiastic, organized, and have excellent personal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Ability to work with multiple age groups, from senior citizens to small children.
Our Music Director reports directly to the Session, and will work heavily with the Worship/Music
10-15 hours weekly; Pay negotiable
How To Apply
Email resume to [email protected].