Next Gen Director
Weekly Attendance: 1,000
Location: Sutton, MA
The Role: Next Gen Director
Lifesong Church Service, Meet Lifesong Church:
After a year of dreaming, praying, and planning, Pastor David, Ginelle, and their three kids were joined by a team of 40 people who launched Lifesong Church on September 10, 2006. Their focus was, and still is, connecting the disconnected and unchurched to Jesus through inspiring, relevant experiences and that help people reach their potential in God. The church has grown to become a multi-site church that continues to reach the disconnected and unchurched. Lifesong has helped plant hundreds of churches through ARC and invests more than 10 percent of its income in missions and outreach. We love inviting people to see for themselves how exciting church can be when the structure is simple, and people are free to go after God with passion.
About the Next Gen Director:
The Next Gen Director will be responsible for spearheading Lifesong Church’s efforts to invest in the next generation (ages 0-18) for the purpose of helping them Know God, Live in the Freedom He desires for them, Discover the Purpose, He’s designed them for, and Deliver the Hope of Jesus to the world around them.
Lifesong Church Vacation Bible School, The Next Gen Director’s Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to shape vision and strategy for Next Gen ministry.
- Partner with campus pastors in developing and equipping campus kids’ ministry leaders for carrying out established ministry vision and strategy.
- Directly oversee kids’ ministry at the broadcast campus, which includes leading approximately 75 volunteers in the facilitation of infant through fifth-grade care and programming for two services each weekend.
- Or directly oversee student ministry for 6th through 12th graders, which is facilitated in large part centrally out of our broadcast campus.
- Oversee the leader from the area (kids or students) they do not directly lead.
- Ensure the effective building, training, and leading of required volunteer teams.
- Ensure quality and consistency in environments, programming, and execution of Next Gen ministry across campuses.
- Foster a healthy partnership with parents in the discipleship and care of their children and teens.
- Collaborate as needed with the Creative Director to design and facilitate promotional strategy as well as visual theming and content for Next Gen activities and events (e.g., family nights, vacation Bible school, middle and high school gatherings, etc.).
- Collaborate as appropriate with the Production and Worship Directors to design programming for Next Gen events.
- Build and manage the Next Gen ministry budget and ensure its proper stewardship.
- Track key performance indicators and conduct regular reviews to drive continuous improvement.
Lifesong Church Youth, What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Next Gen Director:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience building and leading teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to innovate.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Listener with open-hands.
- Inspiring Leader.
- Solution oriented.
- Pastoral heart.
- Calm and confident presence and composure.
- Higher level, strategic thinker.
Lifesong Church Small Groups, What it’s Like to Live in Sutton, MA:
The New England area is well known for beautiful coasts and mountains, vibrant cities, and four distinct seasons each rich with their own character, including some of the most amazing fall foliage you’ll find. Whether you’re looking for fresh seafood, authentic Italian, or delicious desserts, the area boasts some iconic dining. The region abounds with historical significance from the landing site of the Pilgrims to Boston’s freedom trail, which includes the preserved home of Paul Revere, the nation’s oldest commissioned warship afloat, and the locations of the Boston massacre and the Battle of Bunker Hill. If you love championship sports, the area is full of them, and New England is also home to some of the nation’s top colleges and universities.