Calvary Baptist Church is seeking an American Baptist part-time pastor to minister to the congregation in Providence Rhode Island. If you are looking for a church that loves the Lord and is eager to serve the world, then come to Calvary and be a part of a growing, vibrant group of believers.
- To perform ministerial leadership for Calvary Baptist Church.
- To work a maximum of 20 compensated hours per week in the ministry of this congregation.
- To preach and to lead the worship life of the church.
- To officiate at baptisms, weddings and funerals as appropriate.
- To lead baptismal classes, other Christian Education programs and any other services mutually agreed upon. Laity to participate.
- To visit the sick and shut-ins sharing with Caring Ministry team.
- To attend meetings of official bodies of the church.
- To provide a summary report each year for the church’s Annual Business Meeting.
- To seek to maintain a cooperative relationship with ABCORI and ABCUSA.
- To serve in the ministerial relationship with the church until such time as it is terminated in accordance with the by-laws of Calvary Baptist Church, Providence, RI. It is understood that termination of this relationship by either the minister or the church requires 30-day notice, unless a shorter notice is mutually agreeable.
We need strong leadership, but a leader who is secure enough to share that leadership with the laity and to develop their gifts for ministry. Specifically, we expect our pastor to preach with a Biblical focus, and to collaborate with the laity in developing more effective ways of serving God and our community. This person needs to know the congregation and help us develop as the family of God.
- Must have a master’s degree (Master of Divinity preferred) from an accredited seminary or currently be enrolled in a master’s degree program at an accredited seminary.
- Must hold a recognized American Baptist ordination or meet the ordination requirements established by American Baptist Churches of Rhode Island (ABCORI) and be willing to pursue ordination/recognition through ABCORI.
- Minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience preferred.
How To Apply
If interested in applying for the part-time pastor position, please respond to Rev. Dr. Courtny Davis Olds, ABCORI executive minister, at [email protected].