Immanuel Reformed Church (Alexander, IA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Immanuel Reformed Church (https://www.facebook.com/ImmanuelReformedChurch/) is seeking a full-time Pastor who will care for the church and preach the Word of God.
We have seventy-one active confessing members and five inactive confessing members. The average church attendance on a Sunday is 30 to 60. Sunday Church begins about 20 minutes prior to the Prelude. With the Fellowship Room attached to the back of the Sanctuary there is always supportive time of fellowship prior to the start of the service. In the service, following the Prelude, we begin with a Call to Worship and then usually sing 3 Worship and Praise Team songs with Praise singers group up front. After a prayer of adoration, we have the children’s message with the children up in front with the pastor or a congregation volunteer giving the message. The main prayer time includes our prayer of confession, congregational need, and concerns in community, missions and world. The Scripture and Message follow with a Hymn of Response and Offering. We close with the Doxology and Benediction blessing. Following the worship service and before Sunday School begins there is a coffee. Sunday School is provided for all ages.
- Sunday School meets following the morning service which follows the school year calendar, preschool through adult classes are available.
- Mid-week meets on Wednesday evening grades 2nd. Through 8th. grade for Catechism
- Wednesday night Family Worship meets once a month for an evening meal and Bible Study
- Vacation Bible is for pre-school through 8th. Grades
- Fall Woman’s Bible Study
- Immanuel has a brick church building with full basement housing classrooms and maintenance equipment located on a blacktop east of Belmond, Iowa.
- A brick ranch style parsonage is on the property with three bedrooms upstairs and two bedrooms downstairs. One is used as a home office and Pastor’s study.
- A wood utility shed is in the back of the property.
- A cemetery is to the west of the church and visible from the blacktop road in front of the property.
- Newsletter Publisher
The method used in selecting members:
- A single slate for election of one elder and one deacon.
- The consistory is made up of the pastor, 3 elders, and 3 deacons.
- Both men and women hold teaching, deacon, and elder positions.
- Both men and women are used as pulpit supply.
- Most have had up to twelve years of formal education and some with college, graduate, masters, and Theology degrees.
- A few have science and engineers degrees.
- Many are men and women farmers, business, and office professionals.
- A few are teachers and students.
- A few are industrial workers.
- A number of housewives and employed outside the home.
- Many are retired from these positions.
- We have a combination of single and married adults.
We are seeking a pastor with specific training and experience desired:
- Master of Divinity Degree.
- Aligned with the teachings of the Alliance of Reformed Churches.
- English first
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Immanuel Reformed Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Immanuel Reformed Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Immanuel Reformed Church and the Alliance of Reformed Churches?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]